School Help!!!!

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

mad in riyadh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School Help!!!!

Dear All,

could somebody....anybody please help? Have been in Riyadh since 1st July 2010and me and the kids are now offically heading for the mad house! As timimg was not great as regards to schools being open on our arrival, are there any teachers at BISR or Multinational that could let me know how soon and I can start the ball rolling to get my children aged 6,5 and 3 into school and will I have to wait to see if a space is available although I am a UK citizen? Any info would be great, as the little people in my head and outside are doing my head in!

Many Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Help!!!!

Originally Posted by mad in riyadh
Dear All,

could somebody....anybody please help? Have been in Riyadh since 1st July 2010and me and the kids are now offically heading for the mad house! As timimg was not great as regards to schools being open on our arrival, are there any teachers at BISR or Multinational that could let me know how soon and I can start the ball rolling to get my children aged 6,5 and 3 into school and will I have to wait to see if a space is available although I am a UK citizen? Any info would be great, as the little people in my head and outside are doing my head in!

Many Thanks

Speak to the registrar at BISR. Go and see her.

Best not to mention the little people in your head though
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Why should being a UK citizen give you any special rights to jump the queue? If there is a waiting list then I suggest you wait like everybody else.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Thank-you Saudiflare for your kind response, will get in touch as soon as school opens.......lionheart as much as I love the British queue system, my intention was not to jump the queue but rather was informed by an ex-teacher at the school priority is given to UK residents due to the fact their children (as my do!) only converse in English......only going on what I have heard.....never jumped a queue in UK am not about to start here.......thank-you all the same for taking the time to respond
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Thank-you Saudiflare for your kind response, will get in touch as soon as school opens.......lionheart as much as I love the British queue system, my intention was not to jump the queue but rather was informed by an ex-teacher at the school priority is given to UK residents due to the fact their children (as my do!) only converse in English......only going on what I have heard.....never jumped a queue in UK am not about to start here.......thank-you all the same for taking the time to respond
ha ha don't worry about Lionheart, he is the forum's Victor Meldrew, but we love him for it.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

lol don't worry re Lionheart, he is the forums Victor Meldrew, but we love him all the same.....
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 8:11 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
lol don't worry re Lionheart, he is the forums Victor Meldrew, but we love him all the same.....
Have you been drinking?

...or were you trying to please the punctuashion police?
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Roadking
Have you been drinking?

...or were you trying to please the punctuashion police?
Be quiet child....
Old Sep 4th 2010, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

msk2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: School Help!!!!

It seems of late the BISR has stopped taking any other Nationalies except British & Dutch hence your chances of admissions are good. The School will open for admin work around the 14th of september so call the school to find out more. Best of luck... cheers, sid
Old Sep 4th 2010, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Sid,

I think they are open from tomorrow for admin, so will do a sit in or out first thing in the morning...
Old Sep 4th 2010, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msk2009
It seems of late the BISR has stopped taking any other Nationalies except British & Dutch hence your chances of admissions are good. The School will open for admin work around the 14th of september so call the school to find out more. Best of luck... cheers, sid

why dutch? how random
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:20 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
ha ha don't worry about Lionheart, he is the forum's Victor Meldrew, but we love him for it.
No he's not....... I am!! humbug!!