Are saudi's allowed on compounds

Old Oct 23rd 2010, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are saudi's allowed on compounds

Originally Posted by Gulf Bird
The question can be asked differently :

Are Saudis protected from compounds ?
How naive are you? The rule of double standards is king here.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Gulf Bird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MaserMan
How naive are you? The rule of double standards is king here.

You must be equally naive if you are assuming that all Saudis drink.

And you must be equally naive if you are assuming there are other reasons than alcohol that make alcoholic Saudis go to Compounds.

Only an alcoholic can accept to compromise his values and dignity when he gives up his national dress for a can of beer.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

You must be equally naive if you are assuming that all Saudis drink.

And you must be equally naive if you are assuming there are other reasons than alcohol that make alcoholic Saudis go to Compounds.

Only an alcoholic can accept to compromise his values and dignity when he gives up his national dress for a can of beer.
Who said anything about alcohol?
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Who said anything about alcohol?
Who said anything about standards ?

Whether you like it or not, here in the Gulf, whenever the word Compound mentioned to any local, the first thing come to his mind is Alcohol.

The whole idea of a Compound in the Gulf's non-alcohol countries was based on alcohol only, and security has no thing to do with it.

Why a compound is important in Saudi but not important in Dubai or Bahrain ?

Saudis know more than what you think they know.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 9:04 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Whether you like it or not, here in the Gulf, whenever the word Compound mentioned to any local, the first thing come to his mind is Alcohol.

The whole idea of a Compound in the Gulf's non-alcohol countries was based on alcohol only, and security has no thing to do with it.

For what it's worth many people live in compounds in Bahrain as well, in fact most of Saar is full of them. Although here it is mostly for social reasons, whilst in Saudi it is mostly for security and for people to try to forget that they live in the <replace text with word of your own choice> better known as Saudi.

Security has nothing to do with it? Right! So that's why if a compound has over 30% westerners living in it the army sets up a checkpoint outside with machine guns and stuff to keep the baddies away. Or is it to keep the alcohol safe? Get real man!
Old Oct 24th 2010, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

melb_ksa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eagleeye
are saudi's allowed on to your compound if you invite them? i heard they were not allowed

I am in riyadh and in a western compound and if i wanted a saudi to come visit are they allowed

I also heard that muslim women cannot wear there abayas when they are on the compounds, is this true?
Different compounds, different rules.
We had a guy bring his Saudi policeman buddy for a "party" once. Needless to say, ever since we have to provide a copy of National ID to the security manager for any Saudi guest we want to bring in.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by norsk
For what it's worth many people live in compounds in Bahrain as well, in fact most of Saar is full of them. Although here it is mostly for social reasons, whilst in Saudi it is mostly for security and for people to try to forget that they live in the better known as Saudi.

Security has nothing to do with it? Right! So that's why if a compound has over 30% westerners living in it the army sets up a checkpoint outside with machine guns and stuff to keep the baddies away. Or is it to keep the alcohol safe? Get real man!
My Choice of words will be ( Saudis who do open heart surgeries, who fly the most complex commercial and defense planes, who run the most profitable banks, who got Phds from Harvard and Yale, who made break throughs in Medicine and Research, who run the most complex databases, who can manage almost everything in their own country by themselves.)

Your Bahrain example is false and misleading. Most of the Westerners in Bahrain live among the people. As For Saudi, the machine guns came later but the compounds were there even when there were no security threats. So the reality is Compounds started as Alcohol Forts, but with the change in Security situation, security was an add benefit.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Gulf Bird,

Your attitude and rhetoric make you stand out as one of the minority of small minded bigots who do not have a grasp of reality and do more damage to the people of the gulf states.

You are the very opposite of the Saudi's I work for who are welcoming, open minded and interested in what happens in the rest of the world.

One final thing this is a british expat forum, why are you on here as I doubt you qualify for either category, just realised what you actually are and that is a TROLL. Go back to your cave a keep your views to yourself unless it is to benefit the board.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting topic this one.
Having spent 3 years in Taif working with the local military
i can honestly what a set of idi%%s they were any feeble excuse of getting out of training wosh they were gone, any feeble excuse to get of flying and guess what wosh they were gone.

Banking!! here in Riyadh i know quite a few of expats in te banking world
and i am sorry to say some, not all of the local gentlemen working in the banks are just never hardly there in the place of work , or even when they are they are not interested.

I work in a large training Institute and we have a number of local gentlemen,
I think i can say only 3 of them are any use, the rest are just never here.

A few local gentlemen often rely on the Indian expats for computer help and knowledge.

Once again i say only a few of the local workforce are interested in any real work.

You look at the govement working hours,!! every one is finnished by about 2pm ish.

The traffic on the roads here in Riyadh is a nightmare the city is gridlocked for most of the day.
Most of it is bad driving people not knowing how to drive and of course the boy racers
Roundabouts is mind blowing to many people here !!! why they dont know how to drive on roundabouts !!

My Choice of words will be ( Saudis who do open heart surgeries, who fly the most complex commercial and defense planes, who run the most profitable banks, who got Phds from Harvard and Yale, who made break throughs in Medicine and Research, who run the most complex databases, who can manage almost everything in their own country by themselves.)

Your Bahrain example is false and misleading. Most of the Westerners in Bahrain live among the people. As For Saudi, the machine guns came later but the compounds were there even when there were no security threats. So the reality is Compounds started as Alcohol Forts, but with the change in Security situation, security was an add benefit.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 9:55 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Saudis ... who can manage almost everything in their own country by themselves
Then why do you have such a high unemployment rate? Foreign companies in Saudi are compelled to employ Saudis, and yet the unemployment rate is extremely high. Why?
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Oooohhh! Another comedy poster...
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:24 am
noobie

Mummyv is an unknown quantity at this point

You know I thought this was a British Expats forum!
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Gulf Bird,

Your attitude and rhetoric make you stand out as one of the minority of small minded bigots who do not have a grasp of reality and do more damage to the people of the gulf states.

You are the very opposite of the Saudi's I work for who are welcoming, open minded and interested in what happens in the rest of the world.

One final thing this is a british expat forum, why are you on here as I doubt you qualify for either category, just realised what you actually are and that is a TROLL. Go back to your cave a keep your views to yourself unless it is to benefit the board.
I am half british and half Saudi and whether I like it or not the British are my uncles. However I am a saudi (my father) and have Saudi views different form yours and this does not make me small minded or bigot.

You have to accept the new reality. The western expats do not add value as they used to do in the 80s and 90s. In fact they are more of a liability. You may not like it but there is not anything you can do now that the Saudis can not do. The Saudis you work with do not want to tell you the truth because they know you but I don't.

I will go back to my cave and you go back to your " Bottle" and I am better off.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:38 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm, so why do companies keep employing Westerners then? I think you'll find it is exactly because Saudis are unable to perform many jobs.

Your comments regarding alcohol are plain silly and really don't merit a proper response.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Interesting topic this one.
Having spent 3 years in Taif working with the local military
i can honestly what a set of idi%%s they were any feeble excuse of getting out of training wosh they were gone, any feeble excuse to get of flying and guess what wosh they were gone.

Banking!! here in Riyadh i know quite a few of expats in te banking world
and i am sorry to say some, not all of the local gentlemen working in the banks are just never hardly there in the place of work , or even when they are they are not interested.

I work in a large training Institute and we have a number of local gentlemen,
I think i can say only 3 of them are any use, the rest are just never here.

A few local gentlemen often rely on the Indian expats for computer help and knowledge.

Once again i say only a few of the local workforce are interested in any real work.

You look at the govement working hours,!! every one is finnished by about 2pm ish.

The traffic on the roads here in Riyadh is a nightmare the city is gridlocked for most of the day.
Most of it is bad driving people not knowing how to drive and of course the boy racers
Roundabouts is mind blowing to many people here !!! why they dont know how to drive on roundabouts !!
I would rather deal with a lazy Saudi boy than to deal with a guy with heavey hangover or a guy ( A British whom I know ) who brings to the office mini scotish bottles in his suite case which is suppoed to have a laptop in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.