Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Are saudi's allowed on compounds

Are saudi's allowed on compounds

Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

eagleeye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are saudi's allowed on compounds

are saudi's allowed on to your compound if you invite them? i heard they were not allowed

I am in riyadh and in a western compound and if i wanted a saudi to come visit are they allowed

I also heard that muslim women cannot wear there abayas when they are on the compounds, is this true?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are saudi's allowed on compounds

Most compound managers will not allow Yokels into there compounds.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 9:24 am
Just Joined

eagleeye is an unknown quantity at this point

so it is at the discretion of the compound manager

nothing by law

'yokels' is that what they're called
Old Oct 14th 2010, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Locals !! spelling
Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:10 am
Just Joined

lolo0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

it is not in all the compound
some of them only
Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:24 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
I also heard that muslim women cannot wear there abayas when they are on the compounds, is this true?
That cannot be true as women need to be wearing their abayas when going out and therefore wear them inside the compound when getting into their cars.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
That cannot be true as women need to be wearing their abayas when going out and therefore wear them inside the compound when getting into their cars.
No, ot necessarily. when I lived in Riyadh, no abayas were allowed on my compound, They had to be taken off at the gate...or one would have to be picked up by a car...but walking around with abaya, BIG NO NO, then...now, i do not know.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

We used to let Saudis in to play footie, but only if they worked for the company. They certainly didn't get access to the "special" facilities though.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Many compounds demand that as soon as a women is through the gate the abaya comes off. It is all down to the compound manager about who comes on.

They love the power!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 9:59 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

I stayed in Cordoba for a while and locals were allowed in.

Supposedly not in local dress, though even that happened sometimes. As per above, if walking around the compound they might have been stopped, but since when did a Saudi walk anywhere when they can drive?
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:05 am
Just Joined

judithkecks is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Are saudi's allowed on compounds

Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
are saudi's allowed on to your compound if you invite them? i heard they were not allowed

I am in riyadh and in a western compound and if i wanted a saudi to come visit are they allowed

If you invited a female Saudi national then you will be on big trouble. Saudi men are ok to invite.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 5:13 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Originally Posted by judithkecks View Post
If you invited a female Saudi national then you will be on big trouble. Saudi men are ok to invite.
Beware of the minces, I mean Princes.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Gulf Bird is an unknown quantity at this point

You call them Compounds

Saudis call them Detention Camps. I have never stayed in a compound and will never do.

You are talking as if Saudis wanted to visist these compounds. Saudis have a vast country to move arround, and have no time to for these detention camps, sorry, compounds.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gulf Bird View Post
You call them Compounds

Saudis call them Detention Camps. I have never stayed in a compound and will never do.

You are talking as if Saudis wanted to visist these compounds. Saudis have a vast country to move arround, and have no time to for these detention camps, sorry, compounds.
Strange then that Saudis are trying to get onto compounds to experience a western way of life. We have a number of Saudis that are more than happy to abandon the abaya and thobe once inside the compound.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Gulf Bird is an unknown quantity at this point

The question can be asked differently :

Are Saudis protected from compounds ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.