Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Woman's point of view.

Saudi Woman's point of view.

Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Sarah111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi Woman's point of view.

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Just read the bit about the cousin - surely that cant be right having sex with a relative?

I am going to vomit right now.

My mum sayes that marriage between cousins happens in England but it is very rare ,,dont worry Your highness ,the man is worthy i know if u knew him u would change ur mind ,,

He is blue -blooded...very handsome ,,,and very rich....
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by norsk
you gotta love in-breeding!!
I think so
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Saudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to all

In Saudi, it's common to marry cousins!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Saudi Girl

i dont like my own cousins but i like my mum's...
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Saudi Guy is an unknown quantity at this point

What's even funnier is that it is "uncommon" to marry someone who isn't your cousin
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:25 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saudi Guy
What's even funnier is that it is "uncommon" to marry someone who isn't your cousin
My husband said that none of his family have married their cousins but in the more remote parts it goes on alot.

Two of hubbys family have married Western girls Actually it is my wedding anniversary next week, we have been married 19 years.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Saudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to all

My husband said that none of his family have married their cousins but in the more remote parts it goes on alot.

Two of hubbys family have married Western girls Actually it is my wedding anniversary next week, we have been married 19 years.
Happy Anniversary. I wish Saudi women were allowed to marry foreigners too!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Saudi Guy
Hahahahaha !! I know right!! Lol.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:50 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Anniversary. I wish Saudi women were allowed to marry foreigners too!
Sorry for my ignorance, is it family that stop Saudi women from travelling/studying/working abroad and marrying foreigners or is there an actual law that forbids it?

That must be very difficult to not be able to be with the one you love or not to be able to travel abroad freely.

I guess we take some things in life for granted.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry for my ignorance, is it family that stop Saudi women from travelling/studying/working abroad and marrying foreigners or is there an actual law that forbids it?

That must be very difficult to not be able to be with the one you love or not to be able to travel abroad freely.

I guess we take some things in life for granted.
I know, its horrible!
Yes family plays the most important rule stoping women from being free. But there's an actual law that forbids Saudi women to marry a foreigner unless she's over 25 and he works here and her dad permits it .. blah blah!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:29 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah111
My mum sayes that marriage between cousins happens in England but it is very rare ,,dont worry Your highness ,the man is worthy i know if u knew him u would change ur mind ,,

He is blue -blooded...very handsome ,,,and very rich....
what's being rich got to do with anything?
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spugsy

Every one loves having a luxurious life ,,,especailly with the right partner..
Old Mar 6th 2010, 5:12 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
and if he's blue blooded (ie european royal) then he's definitely the result of many centuries of in-breeding..that's surely going to make it an even better match..

i like how you guys are happy about your own ignorance relating to how harmful in-breeding actually is. maybe you should google it and see for yourself, but the basic principle is that due to a limited gene-pool certain negative traits (and diseases) tend to be over-represented.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Saudi Guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy anniversary in advance!!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
and if he's blue blooded (ie european royal) then he's definitely the result of many centuries of in-breeding..that's surely going to make it an even better match..

i like how you guys are happy about your own ignorance relating to how harmful in-breeding actually is. maybe you should google it and see for yourself, but the basic principle is that due to a limited gene-pool certain negative traits (and diseases) tend to be over-represented.

It's true what you say...my nursing friends who work the maternity ward at King Faisal speak of some of the most gruesome births they have ever seen. Some are so bad that the parents can't deal with the thought of raising such a deformed child. Those babies that are not wanted but manage to survive are sent to a special hospital.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.