Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Woman's point of view.

Saudi Woman's point of view.

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Saudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to all
Default Re: Saudi Woman's point of view.

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Welcome to the Forum. Its nice to hear a Saudi ladies point of view, As a british Male working here in Riyadh,

I can say having been here for 14 months and nearly 4 years in Taif.
Lots of times in Taif the Muttawa used to pester every one.

Now here in Riyadh no problems at all.
I have said before in earlier postings that many compound managers do not allow in Middle eastern gentlemen, but i am not sure about ladies !!! i must admit i havent seen any ladies on my compound.

Once again welcome!!
Thanks, yes Riyadh is better than Taif.
I know that some compounds do not allow Saudis in.
Thank god I'm allowed in my bf's compound.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

OMG....

PLEASE PLEASE be careful.
And nobody looks down on you.
They may think you're crazy... but it's admiration.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saudi Girl
Nothing is going to happen to him. Worst case, sent back to his country! I'm the only one who's going to be in trouble.
It's worth it though!
How sweet! He is a lucky guy.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Saudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to allSaudi Girl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by seven seas
OMG....

PLEASE PLEASE be careful.
And nobody looks down on you.
They may think you're crazy... but it's admiration.
What's so crazy? I dont meet him in public! Only in compounds!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lionheart
How sweet! He is a lucky guy.
Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Saudi Guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alexa
Yeah I know...for you girls it's pretty bad. .
I just wanted to add that it's pretty bad for guys as well if we're talking about dating!
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Saudi Guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saudi Girl

I'm asking this because I sense that some expats look at me as an inferior when I'm with my boyfriend. What are your thoughts??
Hey!

I don't think anyone will look down on you or see you as inferior!
I don't know why will you even think that! a Saudi colleague of mine is also dating a western guy and she used to say the same

She's also seeing her boyfriend inside the compound but they've manager to meet in public as well, but hey it's the eastern region my friend!

They've been together for almost two years now
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Saudi Guy
Hey!

I don't think anyone will look down on you or see you as inferior!
I don't know why will you even think that! a Saudi colleague of mine is also dating a western guy and she used to say the same

She's also seeing her boyfriend inside the compound but they've manager to meet in public as well, but hey it's the eastern region my friend!

They've been together for almost two years now
Wow! I'm happy for them!
Thanks Saudi Guy
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Sarah111 is an unknown quantity at this point

As being a Saudi lady as well , i think the best way for both of you is to escape to a more secure country where u can get married and settle there.

I am in love with a British man but i dare not visit him in his place though i desperately want that .i fear Muttaws..
iam a terrible coward ...

Let me learn some thing from you

Thank you

Last edited by Sarah111; Mar 5th 2010 at 8:58 am.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah111
As being a Saudi lady as well , i think the best way for both of you is to escape to a more secure country where u can get married and settle there.

I am in love with a British man but i dare not visit him in his place though i desperately want that .i fear Muttaws..
iam very coward ...

Let me learn some thing from you

Thank you
Undercover muttawa.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

what are the consequences for you if you get caught with your bf?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Saudi girl,

Sorry to hear about your situation, I know its not the same but in the UK I was dating a sikh lad, he was born and bred in the UK but was still very religious- wore a turban etc, I am white, anyway I was amazed at the hassle we used to get when out, mostly from other indians, we were once in a bar and I was in the loo and a couple of indian girls approached me and had a go for taking away one of their men...not violent or anything but very verbal and made our pressence in the bar quite uncomfortable , we were abused in the street quite regularly, and the looks we would get if we were affectionate in public where awful- it made it very hard- and this is in London- the melting pot of cultures! Anyway in the end I had enough- he was under a fair bit of pressure to marry an indian girl and I knew it was never going to be a happy ending for us. He had too much respect for his parents to ever disappoint them long term. And sikhs are meant to be one of the more open religions, however everyone has parents and with them parental pressures can be enormous... Interracial relationships aren't easy, no matter what country you're in, there are still honour killings in the UK( see the link below)- rare but they still happen so bare in mind it isn't always as simple as you may think in other countries, there are social pressures no matter where you are.

That doesn't mean your wrong to want more than what you currently have and I wish you all the luck.

Kittycat
xxx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/honourcr...honour_1.shtml
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by benzonar
Undercover muttawa.

well i always like to be in the safe place with my love..He is a relative of my mum..

so we meet indoors

Last edited by Sarah111; Mar 5th 2010 at 10:16 am.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah111
well i always like to be in the safe place with my love..He is a relative of my mum..
Brother?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by benzonar
Brother?

no he is not .....he is her cousin.... very good looking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.