Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Visa Question (with apologies).

Saudi Visa Question (with apologies).

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Hammerhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Visa Question (with apologies).

Sorry to start here with business-related queries, but I'm new to KSA and somewhat dropped in the deep end by my beloved company.

I have a simple visa-related question. My colleague is over here doing some consultancy work.

He has a 90-day visa, but must leave at 30 day intervals.

Would it be possible for him to come back on, say, day 80 of his 90 day visa and stay for 20 days, or does the visa have to be valid on the day he leaves?

If someone will provide me an answer, I hereby undertake to post some nice, colourful, photographs of fish.

I know , eh?
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Visa Question (with apologies).

Originally Posted by Hammerhead
Sorry to start here with business-related queries, but I'm new to KSA and somewhat dropped in the deep end by my beloved company.

I have a simple visa-related question. My colleague is over here doing some consultancy work.

Would it be possible for him to come back on, say, day 80 of his 90 day visa and stay for 20 days, or does the visa have to be valid on the day he leaves?

If someone will provide me an answer, I hereby undertake to post some nice, colourful, photographs of fish.I know , eh?
no answer
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be possible for him to come back on, say, day 80 of his 90 day visa and stay for 20 days, [/I]
No.

Clown Fish please!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Hammerhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody Nemos. You demean me!

Alright, here you go - give us a kiss!

Pity about the answer.

Seal of disapproval.

Last edited by Hammerhead; Jan 2nd 2011 at 3:48 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

theres something fishy about this thread...
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

If someone will provide me an answer, I hereby undertake to post some nice, colourful, photographs of fish.

I know , eh?
I think this answers your questions really. He MUST leave at 30 day intervals AND ensure the visa is valid on date of departure. With the Saudi's, you just don't want to take any chances and risk it, make sure it's all in order.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

it has to be valid on the day of departure and they may check his return ticket before allowing him to board the flight to Saudi.

I have been stopped once in Dubai for this and refused travel. One of the best days of my life and i didn't argue at all and went direct to Jebel Ali Club for a pint with a big grin on my face. Bummer was i was back in the magic kingdom in 7 days with a new visa.

Mike
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 6:25 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with above posts, I have been in and out of the magic kingdom for 6 years.

It makes no difference whether it is a 1 month, 3 month or 6 month visa....he has to leave every 30 days, even if it is just a hop across to Bahrain and straight back.

The question is though......why the **** would he want to stay any longer than 30 days at a time!!??