Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Visa application; Police certificate

Saudi Visa application; Police certificate

Old Jun 8th 2023, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

TotalBadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Visa application; Police certificate

I'm currently getting my Visa for a job with Neom.

First step is to get the police certificate (my slate is clean!), and it is taking forever - how long did it take for you? any tips?

On the 15th May I applied for the certificate and paid the fee... and I haven't heard anything, not a jiffy. It's been 3.5 weeks!
I can't get through to anyone at the Police (ACRO)
Did you get an e-mail, a phone call? or just did it come through in the post?
Old Jun 8th 2023, 3:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Visa application; Police certificate

Originally Posted by TotalBadger
I'm currently getting my Visa for a job with Neom.

First step is to get the police certificate (my slate is clean!), and it is taking forever - how long did it take for you? any tips?

On the 15th May I applied for the certificate and paid the fee... and I haven't heard anything, not a jiffy. It's been 3.5 weeks!
I can't get through to anyone at the Police (ACRO)
Did you get an e-mail, a phone call? or just did it come through in the post?
It's taking much longer than usual because of the cyber attack on the website. You usually get an email when it's been despatched but not sure if they're doing those at the mo because of the situation, so it may just pop through your letterbox.

Good luck and welcome to BE.
Old Jun 8th 2023, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

WindowShopper88 is an unknown quantity at this point

It just came through the post, but no acknowledgement once the application had been submitted.
Old Jun 11th 2023, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

gooner89 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the process of getting my degree attested and background checks. I initially did a Subject Access Request (SAR) through Acro which I think is similar to the full background check but perhaps less comprehensive. It is a free check and I think some employers ask for it so there won't be any big surprises when the real police background check is done. My SAR came back saying that there is no data held about me on the PNC. Right after I got that back I got a traffic violation that I suspect will make it's way onto my record at some point. Does anyone have any idea how long it would take to for that to get on my record? I'm about to request my police background check in the next week or two.
Old Jun 11th 2023, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Ahmed.Swed is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
What means " back round check " ?
is that about your degree?
Do they want letters from all your previous & currently jobs? Like kind of certificate?
cheers