Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi business visa - 30 day extension

Saudi business visa - 30 day extension

Old Dec 8th 2012, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi business visa - 30 day extension

I am coming to the end of my multi-entry 180 day business visa. In the time I've been here I have done visa run's as required approximately every 30 days. My visa was issued on 2nd July which theoretically means I should leave Saudi by 2 January 2013 (minus a few days just to be on the safe side). However...

The company I work for have recently been informed that if you come back in to Saudi just before the 180 day deadline, you can stay an extra 30 days.

For example: I do visa run leaving saudi on day 175 and fly back on day 176, therefore I am entitled to stay a further 30 days.

Is this true?

Has anyone tried it?

If so, did you encounter any problems at Saudi immigration (i.e. whay have you over stayed your visa)?

Did you have any problems when returning to the UK from UKBA at the airport?

I understand the rule and I understand the company wanting to make the most of it....but I am just fearful that the bloke at Jeddah immigration will have a hissy fit and have me arrested

Advice much appreciated
Old Dec 8th 2012, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi business visa - 30 day extension

Originally Posted by Ash786

The company I work for have recently been informed that if you come back in to Saudi just before the 180 day deadline, you can stay an extra 30 days.

For example: I do visa run leaving saudi on day 175 and fly back on day 176, therefore I am entitled to stay a further 30 days.

Is this true?

)
I believe that is correct.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 2:28 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ash786
Your HR should have access to your visa details. In my case it was as above.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses. We don't have a HR in Jeddah (ours is in Berlin) but our office wallah has said it is ok as has my manager.

The only reason for the worry was that one of my colleagues got stopped at DXB and was told his visa was expiring in two days time and it was too late for him to come back to JED and was promptly flown back to Germany where he had to apply for a new visa...another colleague had no issues when he came back two days before the 180 day limit

I'll try my luck and see what happens