Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

Old Feb 23rd 2012, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

OK, so we left extra early and as Murphy would have it, had no issues at all, meaning we arrived super early at the airport. We were asked for our e-tickets on the causeway, but did not have to fill any any forms. My only problem was that the Bahrain immigration officer failed to register my arrival in the computer system, so when I got to BIA to leave, there was no digital proof of my arrival (though I did have a stamp in my passport).
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

OK back through BIA this morning. officer said there was no problem with 3 month for UK nationals (however see previous post about 2 week issued a few days ago)

What does seem to be a problem is that Transit personnel for Saudi are being messed about something wicked. Must have been 20 Western guys all parked up against the wall and one was complaining he had been there 7 hours.

If you are tranisting through BIA for road travel to Saudi, it may be worth getting your PRO to find out what is happening. The immigration officer did say that things have changed for these guys
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, are they really trying to force us to bypass Bahrain and fly straight into Dammam?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

leesk is an unknown quantity at this point

We arrived last night and after securing my son (UK passpot) with an evisa for a 3 month visa, complete with email saying 'congratulations you have been successful in your 3 month application' at immigration they would only give him 2 weeks. Apparently that is what was on the computer and they told me to go to Manama office to complain. What on earth is the point of the evisa if they don't/won't honour it! and I paid 2BD over the usual fee.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

westendgirl1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leesk
We arrived last night and after securing my son (UK passpot) with an evisa for a 3 month visa, complete with email saying 'congratulations you have been successful in your 3 month application' at immigration they would only give him 2 weeks. Apparently that is what was on the computer and they told me to go to Manama office to complain. What on earth is the point of the evisa if they don't/won't honour it! and I paid 2BD over the usual fee.
This all sounds bizarre and actually unfair....it really does seem like an immigration officer lottery! .....why would some people get their 3 months and others not?.......where and to whom would one complain?...the guys at the passport office off exhibition Rd are pleasant enough but I doubt whether one would get any answers there...it would just be blamed on the `system`!
Old Feb 27th 2012, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

vhl71 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the latest on this? Thinking of taking up a job in al-khobar and living in bahrain. So I'll be commuting everyday across the causeway

So any insights would be appreciated!!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vhl71
What's the latest on this? Thinking of taking up a job in al-khobar and living in bahrain. So I'll be commuting everyday across the causeway

As long as you have your Iquama and multi entry/exit visa shouldnt be a problem - Mr Scottrace does it every day and hasnt had any issues thus far
Old Feb 28th 2012, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vhl71

I'm in an office full of people who do that trip every day and it's no problem (beyond the usual problems.) It's just over an hour in the morning and and an hour and a half to get back. Don't believe anyone who tells you it takes 15 minutes, they either don't do it at all or they leave the house at 10 and return at 2pm (and go by helicopter.)
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

vhl71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottrace
As long as you have your Iquama and multi entry/exit visa shouldnt be a problem - Mr Scottrace does it every day and hasnt had any issues thus far
how long does it take for him usually in the morning and evening?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

another non brit is an unknown quantity at this point

Read the post above yours. I think RB was pretty clear.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

It does depend on the time but Mr Scottrace can do Jubail (further up than Khobar) leaving here (we are 5 mins from causeway) at 5.45am and be in work for just after 7am and leave Jubail about 5pm and be home for between 6.30 and 7pm. No helicopter just mad driving on the Dammam highway which I dont like to ask or hear about thank you very much!

The current rumour mongering about visa problems is making the causeway much quieter - to his joy!

There has been an odd time when it has taken 4 hours but that has been a rarity
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottrace
It does depend on the time but Mr Scottrace can do Jubail (further up than Khobar) leaving here (we are 5 mins from causeway) at 5.45am and be in work for just after 7am and leave Jubail about 5pm and be home for between 6.30 and 7pm. No helicopter just mad driving on the Dammam highway which I dont like to ask or hear about thank you very much!

The current rumour mongering about visa problems is making the causeway much quieter - to his joy!

There has been an odd time when it has taken 4 hours but that has been a rarity
That naughty Mr Scott. Green zone to Jubail in 1 hour and 15 mins. I dont think he is doing 120 kph is he now ?

Watch out for those Fortuner speed cameras. Got nicked twice in one day earlier this week, just before the split with the Kuwait highway and damman highway by ROK. Very unhappy Mr Tock as 600 SAR to shell out next time over the causeway in the Tockmobile.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh and no form to fill in. I have Bahrain residency and no Iqama so am startring to think that the whole causeway thing was either a bad day for an immigration officer or was fabricated
Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

OK, this time round we were asked to fill in exit forms at the Saudi border in our particular queue, but I noticed not in other queues. Otherwise same as last week (see posts passim).