Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:43 am
HR/Learning Professional

mylesoconnor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

I have been told on the Saudi side of the causeway that every day I leave to go back into Bahrain, I need to fill in an exit form. I see this new fad is catching other people out as the queues are getting longer and longer as people are scrabbling for pens and filling in forms. Not sure how enforced this is going to be or for how long, but I am asking one of my staff to fill in 50 forms for me so I just have to date and sign each day. "Ridoculous", as my son says.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

Originally Posted by mylesoconnor
I have been told on the Saudi side of the causeway that every day I leave to go back into Bahrain, I need to fill in an exit form. I see this new fad is catching other people out as the queues are getting longer and longer as people are scrabbling for pens and filling in forms. Not sure how enforced this is going to be or for how long, but I am asking one of my staff to fill in 50 forms for me so I just have to date and sign each day. "Ridoculous", as my son says.
Do you have an Iqama or multi-entry? I have used the Causeway every day this week and not been asked to complete a form.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Gus Honeybun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

Reminds me of the "old " days when exit and entry forms were required along with a signed customs declaration that you would not sell your car whilst in Bahrain. What comes around ........
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:05 am
Account Closed

tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point

is this legit? where do you get the forms from? havent had to cross into bahrain since start of month but in march i have 6 or 7 trips back and forth...i have no iqama only multiple entry visa...
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:38 am
HR/Learning Professional

mylesoconnor is an unknown quantity at this point

I have business visa, multiple entry. Maybe with Iqama you will not be asked to fill one in. They hand the exit forms out at the Saudi exit gate, so don't forget to bring a biro, and I asked them for a large handful of them which they gave to me willingly.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:15 am
Account Closed

I have business visa, multiple entry. Maybe with Iqama you will not be asked to fill one in. They hand the exit forms out at the Saudi exit gate, so don't forget to bring a biro, and I asked them for a large handful of them which they gave to me willingly.
just a form? no fee or anything? don't really see the point in fixing a system that isnt broken...but thats just life in saudi isnt it...

funny i heard someone mention this a few days back and i didnt take no notice because the guy who told me is a prick...wish i'd have paid more attention now...
Old Feb 21st 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

westendgirl1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi does anyone know whether the visit visa rules have been changed yet for brits landing in Bahrain? Still 3 months on entry?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

nothing changed for bahrain. only exit from saudi to bahrain...
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tayls123
nothing changed for bahrain. only exit from saudi to bahrain...
Thanks..... I wonder if new visit visa rules will be applied as suggested. As I understand its been 3 months on landing.....extendable for another 3 at cpr building....and then a visa run required (if necessary)
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

as far as i know westendgirl its the same as dubai...90 days then visa run. only option is a short flight to doha
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by westendgirl1
Hi does anyone know whether the visit visa rules have been changed yet for brits landing in Bahrain? Still 3 months on entry?
Came through yesterday at 6 PM and it took ages to get through. In front of me was a British woman with 2 kids coming to join husband and she only got 2 weeks and screaming at an immigration officer isnt going to help. Now last time this happened, visa length depended upon who was on shift so I guess it wont be any different this time

Am back through Thursday morning and will ask them what the situation is.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

How ****ed up is this. Perhaps they will start doing this at BIA as well just to slow things down even more. I just dont see the point at all ?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Came through yesterday at 6 PM and it took ages to get through. In front of me was a British woman with 2 kids coming to join husband and she only got 2 weeks and screaming at an immigration officer isnt going to help. Now last time this happened, visa length depended upon who was on shift so I guess it wont be any different this time

Am back through Thursday morning and will ask them what the situation is.
Thanks thats what I was afraid of.....cant understand how ones fate can just depend on which so ever immigration chappy one gets.....doesnt seem either right or logical!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tayls123
as far as i know westendgirl its the same as dubai...90 days then visa run. only option is a short flight to doha
Well a friend was definitely able to extend for another 3 months at the cpr building off exhibition rd....but that was only do-able for one extension (for another 5 BD).....after that 1 extension an exit WAS required....in other words he managed to stay 6 months
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by westendgirl1
Thanks thats what I was afraid of.....cant understand how ones fate can just depend on which so ever immigration chappy one gets.....doesnt seem either right or logical!
Be aware last time the UK upset the Bahrainis, there was a threat of maximum 48 hour visas. It wasnt realized but the threat was made.

Lets see what happens Thursday morning if there are any other Brits on the plane without residency

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.