Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

westendgirl1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Be aware last time the UK upset the Bahrainis, there was a threat of maximum 48 hour visas. It wasnt realized but the threat was made.

Lets see what happens Thursday morning if there are any other Brits on the plane without residency
Did all this happen cos of the few american nationals who came to join the protesters?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:13 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi - Bahrain Causeway - Exit form now required to be filled in every day

How ****ed up is this. Perhaps they will start doing this at BIA as well just to slow things down even more. I just dont see the point at all ?
They did do this for a short period last year, but only for those of us without Bahrain residence. I remember filling one out a couple of times.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by westendgirl1
Did all this happen cos of the few american nationals who came to join the protesters?
The group of spams in gas masks grabbed most of the attention but I am sad to say there was also one fat North East chick frantically waving her British passport in one hand whilst displaying the V sign with her other and she did grab a lot of photos.

Ok I cant guarantee she was from the North East but she was incredibly annoying and did resemble one of the fat slags of viz fame
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
They did do this for a short period last year, but only for those of us without Bahrain residence. I remember filling one out a couple of times.
In Saudi on Monday so will grab some at the airport and have one filled out ready to go if required
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

leesk is an unknown quantity at this point

Be aware last time the UK upset the Bahrainis, there was a threat of maximum 48 hour visas. It wasnt realized but the threat was made.

Lets see what happens Thursday morning if there are any other Brits on the plane without residency
I will be arriving on Thursday evening managed to get a 3 month visa for my son online for 7BD, and hoping to smile sweetly enough to get the same, but with my Canadian passport expecting the 2 week visa. I didn't bother to do mine online, thought I'd chance my luck at the airport immigration.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr Scottrace comes across the causeway back and forth every day and hasnt been asked to fill in any forms - so perhaps some of you look dodgy!!!

And we got a 3 month visit visa on entry in November and I renewed it at the passport office (its not the CPR Office!) in Exhibition Rd 2 weeks ago for another 3 months. I know that next time we have to leave to renew and hopefully by then all the nonsense and rumours and rubbish that are currently flying round Bahrain will have stopped!!

There are as many different versions of the same story as there are expats here!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

The group of spams in gas masks grabbed most of the attention but I am sad to say there was also one fat North East chick frantically waving her British passport in one hand whilst displaying the V sign with her other and she did grab a lot of photos.

Ok I cant guarantee she was from the North East but she was incredibly annoying and did resemble one of the fat slags of viz fame

Lol!!! I saw the pictures and yours is the best description
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Scottrace doesnt have Bahrain residence so they arent doing it for that at the moment
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:25 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottrace
Mr Scottrace doesnt have Bahrain residence so they arent doing it for that at the moment
I actually meant I had to fill the damn things in at the airport. Having to do it on the causeway is definitely a new thing, but I suspect it only applies to those with business visas (ie they don't have residence in a GCC country)...
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

I actually meant I had to fill the damn things in at the airport. Having to do it on the causeway is definitely a new thing, but I suspect it only applies to those with business visas (ie they don't have residence in a GCC country)...
Ah ok - sorry I misunderstood
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I am a regular commuter from UAE to KSA via Bahrain, getting visas on arrival at Bahrain airport. Yesterday my colleague (french passport) on returning back to Bahrain through the causeway was asked for his e-ticket to prove he wasn't going to stay in Bahrain - which he didn't have so this caused all sorts of consternation. I'm going through this afternoon armed with e-ticket so let's see what happens.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:53 am
Account Closed

tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by csdf
I am a regular commuter from UAE to KSA via Bahrain, getting visas on arrival at Bahrain airport. Yesterday my colleague (french passport) on returning back to Bahrain through the causeway was asked for his e-ticket to prove he wasn't going to stay in Bahrain - which he didn't have so this caused all sorts of consternation. I'm going through this afternoon armed with e-ticket so let's see what happens.
it depends on whos at the booth. the e-ticket thing has happened on and off to me. the causeway form thing is all new to me though.

Landing in Bahrain i'm always asked to fill out a form stating i won't be staying longer than 24hours in Bahrain (usually go direct from Airport to Saudi since Dammam Airport is a shithole)

Scottrace do you mean that you applied on behalf of your husband for a saudi visa and he doesnt have a bahrain residency? i go through our GRO but he's as useful as an inflatable dartboard...i'd like to know if i can do the process myself and thus bag a few days in a Bahraini hotel...
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by csdf
It seems they have different immigration rules on the causeway than at BIA....but I reckon they are being tougher with all!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tayls123
it depends on whos at the booth. the e-ticket thing has happened on and off to me. the causeway form thing is all new to me though.

Landing in Bahrain i'm always asked to fill out a form stating i won't be staying longer than 24hours in Bahrain (usually go direct from Airport to Saudi since Dammam Airport is a shithole)

Scottrace do you mean that you applied on behalf of your husband for a saudi visa and he doesnt have a bahrain residency? i go through our GRO but he's as useful as an inflatable dartboard...i'd like to know if i can do the process myself and thus bag a few days in a Bahraini hotel...
No - he has his Iquama through work but we live in Bahrain - so he has Saudi residency but not Bahrain residency. There have been no problems on the causeway at all - in fact its so quiet at the moment he is whizzing through in record time!!

Our issue is going to be that we are currently on an extended 3 month visit visa and given the current issues we need to try and get our Bahraini residency sorted asap!

I thought if you had a multi entry exit visa for Saudi you could come and go to Bahrain for as long as you like.

Last edited by scottrace; Feb 22nd 2012 at 12:08 pm. Reason: Want to add something
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

UK EMBASSY INFO

Please be aware of the following planned demonstrations:

- Wednesday 22 Feb at 16:00 in front of the UN building (Hoora).

- Thursday 23 Feb at 20:00 hours in Manama.

We also expect other protests and disruption in various areas of Bahrain to continue through the coming days. As a result, we continue to advise British nationals in Bahrain to maintain a high level of security awareness and to exercise caution, particularly in public places and on the roads, and to avoid large crowds and demonstrations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.