Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

SACB degree attestation timeline

SACB degree attestation timeline

Old Jun 21st 2023, 4:36 am
Just Joined

gooner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SACB degree attestation timeline

Has anyone been able to get an update during the UK degree attestation process through SACB? I submitted my documents to the company I'll be working for in Saudi over two months ago and I tried contacting the university asking if they had received or processed the request yet and was initially told they need the HEDD reference number but they then used my name to run a search of the degree validation requests they'd received and no results came back. Any suggestions for getting an update from SACB? I'm not using a visa agency and the docs were submitted directly from the UK based mobilisation team of the company I'll be working for in Saudi.
Old Jun 21st 2023, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

WindowShopper88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SACB degree attestation timeline

My advice is to ask your employer for the reference number for your SACB attestation application. You can then view the status here: https://attestation.uksacb.org/approved . That will confirm that it has been submitted to SACB for processing in the first place.

In my case SACB did not use HEDD and went direct to the university for verification. To speed up this process I would recommend sending an email to your university and ccing uksacb. You can also make an enquiry directly with HEDD.

It appears from a lot of peoples experiences (including my own), it is not uncommon for this process to take 2 or 3 months to be completed.
Old Jun 24th 2023, 8:07 am
Just Joined

gooner89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WindowShopper88
My advice is to ask your employer for the reference number for your SACB attestation application. You can then view the status here: https://attestation.uksacb.org/approved . That will confirm that it has been submitted to SACB for processing in the first place.

In my case SACB did not use HEDD and went direct to the university for verification. To speed up this process I would recommend sending an email to your university and ccing uksacb. You can also make an enquiry directly with HEDD.

It appears from a lot of peoples experiences (including my own), it is not uncommon for this process to take 2 or 3 months to be completed.
Thanks for providing the link WindowShopper88. I used the SACB ref number to check the status in the link you provided and it is showing as pending which I suspect is the first status once the request has been registered. Based on my previous experience getting a work visa for a different country in the Middle East, I expected the attestation process to take the longest but the lack of process and progress transparency is what kills me. I'll email HEDD to see if they have received the request from SACB before trying to contact SACB directly. Thanks again!
Old Aug 14th 2023, 7:40 am
Just Joined

quepasosaso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gooner89
Thanks for providing the link WindowShopper88. I used the SACB ref number to check the status in the link you provided and it is showing as pending which I suspect is the first status once the request has been registered. Based on my previous experience getting a work visa for a different country in the Middle East, I expected the attestation process to take the longest but the lack of process and progress transparency is what kills me. I'll email HEDD to see if they have received the request from SACB before trying to contact SACB directly. Thanks again!
Hi Gooner89,
I'm just about to go through this process and have the required university transcript and confirmation letter, but these are dated from 2020 when I last had to get my degree legalised, do you think these will be accepted? or will the SACB request up-to-date documents?
One last question, how feasible do you think it is getting this all done without an agent, bearing in mind I only need to have the degree attested in London, the rest of the work visa documentation is being submitted in the current GCC country I'm living in. Many thanks in advance for your insights. QPS
Old Aug 14th 2023, 8:01 am
Just Joined

quepasosaso is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: SACB degree attestation timeline

Originally Posted by WindowShopper88
My advice is to ask your employer for the reference number for your SACB attestation application. You can then view the status here: (link removed). That will confirm that it has been submitted to SACB for processing in the first place.

Hi WindowShopper88,
Would you mind clarifying when you asked your employer for your SACB reference number? I'm just about to try and get my degree attested (without using an agent) and am in the very early stages of this process which is required for my work visa application, I only need to get the degree attestation finalised in London, the rest of the paperwork will be completed in my current GCC city. Thanks in advance for your advice. QPS