Rumours

Old Oct 15th 2004, 7:46 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: Rumours

Originally Posted by kristy
Says the man who uses the boards as dating sites!!!! Shall we take this over to the domestic disturbance thread?!
ok then.... we having another one here..? :scared:
Old Oct 16th 2004, 1:03 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
hmm beginning to wonder about you two...
wonder about wot?........just trying to be nice.......and this is the 2nd time u have had a wonder about me and someone else on this site..... lol

Lets just say that i like to spread myself evenly! hahahaha
Old Oct 16th 2004, 2:53 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
wonder about wot?........just trying to be nice.......and this is the 2nd time u have had a wonder about me and someone else on this site..... lol

Lets just say that i like to spread myself evenly! hahahaha
hmmm... yep ur right!!! maybe Face is a ladies' man in disgiuse! ?
Old Oct 16th 2004, 5:33 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

hmmm... yep ur right!!! maybe Face is a ladies' man in disgiuse! ?
u never know!!! hahahaha

true gentleman here......thru and thru......cant help it if i am a charmer. hehehe
Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:11 am
The 5th Amendment

u never know!!! hahahaha

true gentleman here......thru and thru......cant help it if i am a charmer. hehehe
aha!!! no matter how much of a charmer you are... still think kevlar body armoour is a good idea in expatwoman...
Old Oct 17th 2004, 8:13 am
The Oracle

aha!!! no matter how much of a charmer you are... still think kevlar body armoour is a good idea in expatwoman...
have to decided to stay well clear off that site........too risky and might get banned for airing my opinions like a certain someone i know. LOL

I am surprised that a site like that hasnt been banned by the Emirates Internet Proxy servers...........hahahahahha

I am going to get a ear full now, arent I?LOL
Old Oct 17th 2004, 8:56 am
The 5th Amendment

have to decided to stay well clear off that site........too risky and might get banned for airing my opinions like a certain someone i know. LOL

I am surprised that a site like that hasnt been banned by the Emirates Internet Proxy servers...........hahahahahha

I am going to get a ear full now, arent I?LOL
face ur sig is longer than ur post!!!

hmm well anybody you know whi si sweet and innocent and maybe drinks stella?
Old Oct 17th 2004, 2:54 pm
The Oracle

face ur sig is longer than ur post!!!

hmm well anybody you know whi si sweet and innocent and maybe drinks stella?
Well its about time somebody noticed it.....LOL

Didnt really follow that second line of ur post
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:16 pm
The Oracle

Okay........now I want u all to remain calm after reading this article that I discovered on the Internet while trying to uncover the truth.......Some of the details are frighteningly realistic and i appologize for its length, but its worth the read......trust me:

17th-10-2004

United Arab Emirates : The Question of Succession

A number of sources have told Stratfor that Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahyan, the ailing ruler of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), is close to death or has died. Like similar arrangements in many other monarchies on the Arabian Peninsula, the ruler¹s eldest son, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahyan, will succeed his father on the throne in the emirate of Abu Dhabi. However, because power is distributed among the president¹s various sons, a fight for the UAE presidency could break out within the royal family
- or beyond.

A Persian Gulf-based source told Stratfor late Oct. 14 that unconfirmed reports were circulating of the death - or near death - of United Arab Emirates (UAE) President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahyan. The sources said Sheikh Zayed had been taken to a London hospital because of failing health. The source also suggested the president¹s entourage could be keeping his death a secret in order to claim the president died Oct. 15 - during the holy month of Ramadan. The consensus from various sources, however, is that the monarch is extremely ill and that discussions pertaining to succession have begun among his family in Abu Dhabi and the rulers of the six other emirates that make up the UAE federation. Given the Islamic religious culture in the Arabian Peninsula, which calls for a quick burial of the deceased, it is likely Sheikh Zayed clings to life and that rumors of his death began to circulate after his physician intimated the president had very little time to live. Sheikh Zayed¹s son, the crown prince of the largest emirate of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahyan, will succeed him as ruler of Abu Dhabi - and is expected to succeed him as UAE president. It is possible, however, that the presidential transition will not go as smoothly as the informal succession plan would suggest. Two of Sheikh Zayed¹s other sons, who are half-brothers - or even an outsider - could vie for the presidency. In fact, this presidential succession will be an historic event in the United Arab Emirates; Sheikh Zayed has ruled since the country was created in 1971. The crown prince is destined to follow his father as emir of Abu Dhabi and it is expected that he will assume the presidency of Abu Dhabi. That succession, however, is assumed under an informal agreement only. Abu Dhabi is the most powerful of the UAE¹s seven emirates - Dubai, Sharjah, Ra¹s al-Khaimah, Al Fujairah, Umm al-Qaiwain and Ajman - because of oil, which would explain why the country¹s Supreme Council has elected Sheikh Zayed as president for six successive five-year terms since 1971. But because the succession process is not written in stone, sources close to the UAE, in particular sources close to the ruling family, say there could be several contenders for the presidency. Stratfor examines the possible scenarios:

1. Succession takes place in accordance with the established arrangement, and Sheikh Khalifa, son No. 1, takes over. He has a huge following of four major tribes in the west, south and east of the country and is considered extremely influential, though he is not as wealthy as son No. 3. That said, it is quite possible he would he be willing to sell the presidency in exchange for some other political and economic benefits.

2. Son No. 3, Sheikh Muhammad, becomes ruler. Commander of Abu Dhabi¹s armed forces, Muhammad has a Western education, a good command of the English language and personifies the United Arab Emirates interface with the Western world. We are told he is materially more affluent than Sheikh Khalifa and is considered more qualified to run the country. Although he controls the police, army, intelligence and the ports, he has only about half the supporters of son No. 1. Would he make an offer of money for the post?

3. Son No. 2, Sheikh Sultan, succeeds his father. Sultan is well loved and widely respected by the people of the United Arab Emirates. However, two terrible automobile accidents some 25 years ago slowed him down, though he is not handicapped. He could possibly become president in name with son No. 3 as his deputy. This system is in play in the emirate of Dubai, where there is a nominal leader, but real power resides with his deputy.

4. There is an outside chance Dubai also could make a bid for the presidency. Given its power as the second largest emirate - and the fact that UAE¹s prime minister and its vice president always have come from Dubai
- it could join with smaller emirates and become a contender. Sources in Dubai told Stratfor the wife of a lower-level sheikh says the wives and families have standing orders to go to Oman or elsewhere in case of Sheikh Zayed¹s death - because the power struggle could get ugly.

5. A more remote possibility is that Sheikh Zayed¹s grandson - who has been schooled in the West - is named president. There is one precedent for a move of this nature. When Sheikh Zayed came to power as ruler of Abu Dhabi in 1966, he managed to break with tradition and name his son as crown prince instead of his brother. He overcame the obstacle by co-opting senior members of the family into the government.

6. The most remote possibility is that Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed al-Qasimi, emir of Sharjah, would offer his candidacy. Sheikh Sultan¹s tribe was the most powerful before the arrival of the British and the creation of the United Arab Emirates. In essence, the struggle for the UAE presidency is likely to be an Abu Dhabi family affair, possibly involving Dubai as well. The exact direction and extent of the power struggle remains to be seen.

Strategic Forecasting, Inc.
October 15, 2004

Shocked?.........I was!!!!! Dunno wot to make of this anymore......maybe we shud get packing????:scared: Someone please reveal the truth!!!PLEASE!!!
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:26 pm
Joolsbean

Default So.............

.........we get packin'. Although Dubai is one of our better postings, it isn't the b all and end all of expat living. If they want us all out...I mean being realistic here, but if they do there are plenty of other places out there that need our qualities just as much as this lot do.
I say, as we all must, what will be will be, all I feel sorry for are the others that will flouder if such a drastic mistake was made. Dubai is a great place and will be a wonderful place thanks to us and the other unique people who made it possible this far.
Don't sweat the small stuff and scaremongering AGAIN Joseph :scared:

Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:44 pm
The 5th Amendment

Default Re: So.............

Originally Posted by Joolsbean
Don't sweat the small stuff and scaremongering AGAIN Joseph :scared:
hmm what do u mean?

okay Face... long read.. just saved it off line as on cellphone for the connection today.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:57 pm
Joolsbean

Default Re: Sorry Joseph

I got so excited there for a minute I thought that you had posted that but it was face. I don't know about you lot who have been in Dubai longer but I find all this worrygutting about nothing a bit tedious. Like Dubai is going to go down the pan, don't you all think that there are more financial interests in this than one mans decision?

Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:59 pm
The Oracle

hmm what do u mean?

okay Face... long read.. just saved it off line as on cellphone for the connection today.
Didnt quite get that post either.........give it a good read and c wot u make of it.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 4:05 pm
The 5th Amendment

Didnt quite get that post either.........give it a good read and c wot u make of it.
I meant I was on the mobile using that to connect to the web.

Political assisanation has been rife for years in the Western world, think of the scientist Dr David Kelly that helped Tony Blair with Iraq if that is what part of this means.

and hmm I do not think that anybody is going to daft enough to let things mess up with the amount of money floating about.... I am not talking about the UAE but on the planet in general.

I will be packing in the next few days but to move there not away from there. Some may call me naive.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 4:33 pm
The Oracle

Default Re: Sorry Joseph

Originally Posted by Joolsbean
I got so excited there for a minute I thought that you had posted that but it was face. I don't know about you lot who have been in Dubai longer but I find all this worrygutting about nothing a bit tedious. Like Dubai is going to go down the pan, don't you all think that there are more financial interests in this than one mans decision?
it was I, the great Oracle......LOL

These issues are worrying for those of us that have enjoyed the political stability in this extraordinary nation. As I just said to Joe over the phone on that expensive phone call he made 2 me just now (thanks alot 4 the call m8.......perked me right up ), this is the FIRST ever presedential transition in the U.A.E.......Alot is literally up for grabs......oil prices are at record highs and there are way too many Sheikhs around that would do anything and i do mean anything to become President!

I hope this all sorts itself out and stops escalating like this and scaring the pants off its loyal inhabitants!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.