Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Renting at The Greens

Renting at The Greens

Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of
Default Re: Renting at The Greens

Originally Posted by hell its hot
for my sins I work with Better Homes!

we do have a lot availible in the greens and the views so I would be happy to show you a few if you wish.

Just give me a call!

H
Hi Henry,

We are looking to move at beginning of May. 1st if we can.

I am going back to the UK next weekend until 16th April so is it better to contact you when i come back?

We would prefer The Views (Travo, Arno Turia) if we can get it. Budget 100k and 4 cheques. Think this is doable?

Don't worry we're all just trying to make a living and i say good on you for having the guts to come on here and drum up some work We're all just trying to make a living. Chin up
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

4 bed springs 5 190k 1 cheque.

Again, all the consultant are effectively self employed and are responsible for their own listings, if my colleagues have things at high prices it isn't my responsibility but I can assure you they won't be making any money from it cos no one will call them.

The main reason for 'rogue pricing' is that a lot land lords do not care and think their place is some magical property that is going to beat the market and will not listen to the advice we give them. A lot of these people are actually being taken of our books because they are completely pointless listings, more infurriating for me than you I can assure you.
well Landlords and their greed is biting their bots now isn't it
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
find me a 3 bed on the lakes for 150 at the end of June and you got yourself some commission
yep, if we are talking like that, then:
July, either -
5 bed (independent only) 190k, ranches only.
May take a 3/4 bed, but would have to be 30/20k less..

of course the landlord can pay the agents commission, I have no interest..

and if its admirable that people come on here to drum up some business, then nobody will mind if everyone starts doing daily self promotion?
.. i can just see it now..
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

hell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by admon
see. don't be too kind.. our honest agent is calling a study the 4th bedroom..
Sorry If I caused any offence................my mistake having only been here for a short spell I was unaware that genuine 4 beds do not exist in the Springs, when I do a search (on our entry level system) for a 4 bedroom in the springs it gives me 3 bed, + study + maids but still calls it 4 beds..... you do the maths!

I'll do a search for the meadows and lakes and let any one know (privately as to not upset ADMON) our best prices.... but you have to promise to play nice as you must remember that they aren't my prices!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:15 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site Hell Is Hot - as you can see it's a bit lively toward newcomers...

Stick around please.

One thing I need to ask though - please don't tout, really - no advertising is allowed.

Thanks and welcome.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

July, either -

and if its admirable that people come on here to drum up some business, then nobody will mind if everyone starts doing daily self promotion?

Indeed!! By the way, if someone needs a good economist, let me know. If you use the search tool you will see I started two threads about future rent prices sometime last year in Sept-Nov and I was one of the few predicting a 20-40% drop in rent prices when everyone was talking about level up! Maybe I was short in the prediction but at least much better than the BE prediction!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Indeed!! By the way, if someone needs a good economist, let me know. If you use the search tool you will see I started two threads about future rent prices sometime last year in Sept-Nov and I was one of the few predicting a 20-40% drop in rent prices when everyone was talking about level up! Maybe I was short in the prediction but at least much better than the BE prediction!
we have at least something in common then..
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

July, either -

Ok i did ask if anyone knows of a good agent and i didn't expect someone from BH to come on but i'm going to give him a go.

I'll report back!

It's hard times for some people just now
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

hell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Welcome to the site Hell Is Hot - as you can see it's a bit lively toward newcomers...

Stick around please.

One thing I need to ask though - please don't tout, really - no advertising is allowed.

Thanks and welcome.
Again. I am sorry if I broke the rules I won't do it again.

I am a proactive type of guy. If someone requests help and I can provide them with it I will message them privately from now on if this is ok?

I know this sounds completely sarcastic but I am being genuine and I have every intention of sticking around provided I keep my job!!!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you had a bad experience. Sorry to hear that.

I choose to work at BH because I believed they were the best and had the best reputation for being a good reputable firm, I have quickly realised that this may not be the case and am between a rock (trying to find a new job in a job market which doesn't exist due to the current climate) and a hard place(sticking it out and trying to survive in my current role by working all the hours god sends and providing a good level of service). We all make mistakes.

I am not touting I was simply offering advice, if I was touing I would be setting up new threads and hijacking others... A little like what you are doing by turning this simple question regarding one persons property search into a witch hunt.

Please if you really don't like agents then ignore what I have to say but dont go off on a tangent. There are plenty of www.ihateestateagents.com so why don't we keep this one as a good source of reference for ex pats trying to live in difficult times.

Let's do a deal (god I need one at the moment!) I won't offer any more help or advice unless asked and you can stop insulting me when you have no idea who I am.

I think it is great having an Agent on board, we are moving out of our apartment at the end of June so looking to sign up something about then, shame we can't wait til July. My preference is the Lakes. I saw one the other day on at 180, so I am assuming by the time the summer hits they will have dropped a bit. My second choice is the Springs, preferably 1 and 2 and an end/corner plot, third choice is a three bed apartment on the Palm.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:19 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think it is great having an Agent on board, we are moving out of our apartment at the end of June so looking to sign up something about then, shame we can't wait til July. My preference is the Lakes. I saw one the other day on at 180, so I am assuming by the time the summer hits they will have dropped a bit. My second choice is the Springs, preferably 1 and 2 and an end/corner plot, third choice is a three bed apartment on the Palm.
thought you were an agent?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:26 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Henry,

Auto is right, stick around.

Your still here, loads of the types that screwed up your industry have fecked off back to Peckham.

If you can provide the masses with their property needs then good on ya!

Now to mask the fact that you are on here for business (nothing wrong with that)

What football team do you support
Where are you from
Where do you like to go for a beer?

etc etc

Keep posting and happy renting..
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Looks like Amnesty week is over
lol that was over after 2 days!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Again. I am sorry if I broke the rules I won't do it again.

I am a proactive type of guy. If someone requests help and I can provide them with it I will message them privately from now on if this is ok?

I know this sounds completely sarcastic but I am being genuine and I have every intention of sticking around provided I keep my job!!!
lol stick around its fun when u are bored at work
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by commander
Henry,

Auto is right, stick around.

Your still here, loads of the types that screwed up your industry have fecked off back to Peckham.

If you can provide the masses with their property needs then good on ya!

Now to mask the fact that you are on here for business (nothing wrong with that)

What football team do you support
Where are you from
Where do you like to go for a beer?

etc etc

Keep posting and happy renting..

Thank you all for your kind words! MOST of you will be pleased to hear that I plan on sticking around but current conditions may suggest otherwise...!!

To the 5 people who have messaged me privately, thank you the most! I would be honored to help with your searches. Goes to show what one little forum can do for you it's really good to see expats clubbing together!

In terms of personal info, I am from a little town called Brkhamsted in Hertfordsire, but spent the last 5 years living in Fulham. Footie doesn't grab me, bit more of a rugger bugger! and love my SCUBA/skiing etc. In my opinion beer is good wherever but we do the pub quiz at Nelson's in the Media Rotana every Monday from 9 (good night if you bring a decent group) other wise, the Madinat, Trader vics and their killer cocktails! Off to Bussola tonight, any suggestions?

Sorry not trying to hi-jack the thread! I fear we have done enough of that already today!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.