Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Renting at The Greens

Renting at The Greens

Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of
Default Renting at The Greens

Hi all,

My first thread.

Does anyone know of a good agent (don't laugh!) we can use for renting at The Greens?

Our lease is up and we are looking to move at beginning of May. Landlord is charging us a fortune and won't take the price down. Don't want to use our old agent as think we got ripped off at the time.

We are looking for a 9 months lease (our house should be ready Dec), budget 75K and 3 cheques. I'm even hoping for a 2 bed for this by May but maybe asking too much?

Thanks in advance

Mrs H
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:30 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting at The Greens

I was under the impression that The Greens was operated by Nakheel directly. I know that they have recently lowered the rents though - happy days!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:32 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty View Post
I was under the impression that The Greens was operated by Nakheel directly. I know that they have recently lowered the rents though - happy days!
The Greens are Emaar properties, but sold to private investors
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:35 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post

oh well!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
Do you know of anyone BC?

I want to go through a agent coz i've heard some horror stories about people sub letting etc.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been living in the Greens for a year and half. I used Hunter and Hunter because they have a lot of properties in the Greens. They must have shown me about 6 different flats when I was looking until I found the perfect one. Their website is as follows: http://www.hunterandhunter.com/. The guy I deal with is Imtiaz, he's a bit nuts, but they are others you can deal with as well.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes View Post
I've been living in the Greens for a year and half. I used Hunter and Hunter because they have a lot of properties in the Greens. They must have shown me about 6 different flats when I was looking until I found the perfect one. Their website is as follows: http://www.hunterandhunter.com/. The guy I deal with is Imtiaz, he's a bit nuts, but they are others you can deal with as well.
Thanks Emerald Eyes.

They don't have anything adverised on their website? or am i using it wrong?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes View Post
Thanks Emerald Eyes.

They don't have anything adverised on their website? or am i using it wrong?
Just call them and ask them what they have, where and how much. They don't advertise anything on the site even though they have a search engine for it - don't ask me why?!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Few thoughts -
Nobody is going to give you a nine month lease. One year is standard.
Construction in Dubai isn't built to schedule. Don't get too attached to that delivery date.

Check Gulf News
http://www.gnads4u.com/properties

2BR cost AED 110K+
1BR cost AED 70K+

Though pricing is sliding downwards, you'll have a hard time finding someone to charge you less than the lowest price on Gulf News. Consider this "the market price".

Good luck.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe View Post
Few thoughts -
Construction in Dubai isn't built to schedule. Don't get too attached to that delivery date.

Check Gulf News

2BR cost AED 110K+
1BR cost AED 70K+

Though pricing is sliding downwards, you'll have a hard time finding someone to charge you less than the lowest price on Gulf News. Consider this "the market price".

Good luck.
desperate times ahead though, some Landlords may well be happy with 9 months rent rather than nothing
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BurpusMe View Post
Few thoughts -

Check Gulf News

2BR cost AED 110K+
1BR cost AED 70K+

Good luck.
Funny, when I was looking for a place last summer and I was getting quoted 200K for a Springs Type 4, all the agents were using the same phrase "Consider this the market price". How fast market prices changed!!! BC is right... prices will go down further.

Last edited by klaus3974; Mar 20th 2009 at 6:33 am. Reason: Typo
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by klaus3974 View Post
Funny, when I was looking for a place last summer and I was getting quoted 200K for a Springs Type 4, all the agents were using the same phrase "Consider this the market price". How fast market prices changed!!! BC is right... prices will go down further.
alot further, they will drop by 70% from the prices that we were being quoted a year ago.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,

I read on another forum about a lady renewing her lease and the landlord was only renewing it for 9 months as prices will be back up in Dec How he knows this i don't know but if this is what people are thinking we might be in with a chance, also if they are pretty desperate

Well if our house is ready Dec it's a year late and if it's later then they need to compensate us so they are saying it'll defo be Dec. Who knows though. Just don't want to tie ourselves in for a year just incase.

Yeah i know this is the market price now but they do seem to be dropping every week. Maybe we will get something that price by May.

I'm going home at beginning of April for 2 weeks and i'll be house hunting when i come back. Hopefully we'll get something but i'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

Thanks for all your comments

Mrs H

Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:32 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, but in my experience of this place, things are rarely completed on time if ever!!

The developer will say any old thing. Pinch of salt time!!

My point being, don't get too hung up on this 9month thing...ill wager you'll see out your year at least..
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by commander View Post
Good luck, but in my experience of this place, things are rarely completed on time if ever!!

The developer will say any old thing. Pinch of salt time!!

My point being, don't get too hung up on this 9month thing...ill wager you'll see out your year at least..
mmm... Even though it's already a year late being ready this Dec?

Maybe need to see if we can get a lease we can get out of early if need be. Do you think this would be possible?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.