Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Renting at The Greens

Renting at The Greens

Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:18 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting at The Greens

I've just re-read my post, I didn't mean that it will never be ready, I mean pretty much they are always late.

Dunno about the rents tbh. I take it your pay plan is deposit and then payment on completion?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
I've just re-read my post, I didn't mean that it will never be ready, I mean pretty much they are always late.

Dunno about the rents tbh. I take it your pay plan is deposit and then payment on completion?

No! I wish! We are paying rent and mortgage.

Any wonder we're skint eh? It was supposed to be ready last Dec.

BTW not looking for the sympathy vote. We knew it would prob be late.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Funny, when I was looking for a place last summer and I was getting quoted 200K for a Springs Type 4, all the agents were using the same phrase "Consider this the market price". How fast market prices changed!!! BC is right... prices will go down further.
Prices will definitely keep going down - but you'll never get a lower price than what's advertised in GN on any given day.

Discovery Gardens is a bit less expensive, and isn't too far from The Greens.
A friend of mine rented one from Sherwoods, and they have LOTS of them.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

hell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant future

I'm a good agent in the Greens. Call me if you want to lease anything, even if you just want an idea of up to the minute pricing, all I seem to be good for is advice at the moment!!! 050 153 5318- Henry

I agree, Prices will go lower but I am finding a lot more landlords no longer covering costs and they are taking their chances and leaving their places empty (or doing very short lets eg holiday accommodation) for a few months in hope the market will correct after summer.

There are a lot of people looking at the moment but they will only go for something unless they HAVE to or they see good value in it.

Please let me hear your views as I would really appreciate some more negative press!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:53 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hell its hot
I'm a good agent in the Greens. Call me if you want to lease anything, even if you just want an idea of up to the minute pricing, all I seem to be good for is advice at the moment!!! 050 153 5318- Henry

I agree, Prices will go lower but I am finding a lot more landlords no longer covering costs and they are taking their chances and leaving their places empty (or doing very short lets eg holiday accommodation) for a few months in hope the market will correct after summer.

There are a lot of people looking at the moment but they will only go for something unless they HAVE to or they see good value in it.

Please let me hear your views as I would really appreciate some more negative press!!!!
An agent with a sense of humor.
Good on you, mate!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

hell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant future

Working the UK market till november........ then moving out here and being the last person to pay top whack in 1 cheque, to a very ellusive land lady and then the Dubai leasing market crashing...... A sense of humour is the only thing to stop one from losing it!!!!

I speak the queen's english too!!!

Not that I'm posh with a name like Henry!!!!

Last edited by hell its hot; Mar 23rd 2009 at 12:56 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:58 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
Few thoughts -
Nobody is going to give you a nine month lease. One year is standard.
Construction in Dubai isn't built to schedule. Don't get too attached to that delivery date.

Check Gulf News
http://www.gnads4u.com/properties

2BR cost AED 110K+
1BR cost AED 70K+

Though pricing is sliding downwards, you'll have a hard time finding someone to charge you less than the lowest price on Gulf News. Consider this "the market price".

Good luck.

I am at JBR and I have a 9 month month lease, DP tell me its because they want to bring all their contracts in line (bollocks) do not really know why this is but it suits me under the circumstances
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:00 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Working the UK market till november........ then moving out here and being the last person to pay top whack in 1 cheque, to a very ellusive land lady and then the Dubai leasing market crashing...... A sense of humour is the only thing to stop one from losing it!!!!

I speak the queen's english too!!!

Not that I'm posh with a name like Henry!!!!
Got me on the humour but back at you on the others...
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

So what property shop do you work for Henry?

Do you have a few places for lease at the Greens just now?

How much would we be looking at for a 2 bed in The Views?

We are in Arno now. We'll be looking to move at beginning of May.

Thanks
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Razzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really nice

Hi Mrs H - If you are still looking to rent on The Greens try looking on the notice board at Choithrams - I saw one advert there this weekend for 120.000AED - I think it was for a 2 bedroomed apartment. I am sorry that I didnt take in more detail - I was too busy oggling at the lovley cars for sale that I cant afford. Good Luck. - You do know that The Greens traffic can be a real pain - especially (but not exclusivley) in the mornings.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Razzy
Hi Mrs H - If you are still looking to rent on The Greens try looking on the notice board at Choithrams - I saw one advert there this weekend for 120.000AED - I think it was for a 2 bedroomed apartment. I am sorry that I didnt take in more detail - I was too busy oggling at the lovley cars for sale that I cant afford. Good Luck. - You do know that The Greens traffic can be a real pain - especially (but not exclusivley) in the mornings.
Thanks Razzy. I'm going down to the shop later so i'll have a look.

Yeah we stay in The Greens already, just moving apartments. I know the traffic can be a pain but we really like it here
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

for my sins I work with Better Homes!

we do have a lot availible in the greens and the views so I would be happy to show you a few if you wish.

Just give me a call!

H
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:57 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Aren't you lot the ones who are very reluctant to reduce their prices despite virtually every other agent doing so? Have a quiet word with your boss, please...
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

we do have a lot availible in the greens and the views so I would be happy to show you a few if you wish.

Just give me a call!

H
as LH says, Better Homes were one of the agents guilty of ramping up rent prices monthly over the last 3 years.
Forgive me, but I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire..
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:08 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

You got any places in Springs Meadows 4 BR???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.