Rental 1 cheque

Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of
Default Rental 1 cheque

When you pay the 1 cheque upfront, does this mean you are stuck with that property for a year or can you give notice after a period and get a refund?
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental 1 cheque

Depends on what your rent contract says. But generally, once you've paid upfront then it is very difficult to get it back from the LL if you leave early - might as well kiss it goodbye....(unless the rents have gone up significantly and he is better off renting it for a higher price).
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lookinatdubai
When you pay the 1 cheque upfront, does this mean you are stuck with that property for a year or can you give notice after a period and get a refund?

I agree with Indiegirl, it depends what is on the lease, but it is often difficult to get out of it
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Landlords/Agents I have spoken with recently are generally telling me a two month penalty applies if you want to leave before the year is up. (ie if you leave after 6 months, you end up paying 8 months rent etc.)

I would want to check that that is clearly stated in any Contract mind you!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Problem here is no contract yet have handed the deposit over on the advice of the agent (well known & recommended on this site) so if dont agree with the cotract good bye deposit!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Problem here is no contract yet have handed the deposit over on the advice of the agent (well known & recommended on this site) so if dont agree with the cotract good bye deposit!
welcome to Dubai and agents....

word of advice, dont take EVERYTHING on here as gospel...People give their honest advice and by god there is a lot of knowledge here, but who you chose to go with is your decision...

i mean would you buy a car from a dealer on the recommend from some internet advice from a stranger?

With agents it is really finding the best of a bad bunch
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a firm I recommended? If so, highly unlikely you will have a problem.

But do chase them for the contract.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

My company wanted to check them out before handing over any yearly advance and they were most put out and were amazed i asked to see a contract before handing over any money. They have my deposit and I am awaiting or the company is waiting to see the contract before they advance me the rent.Sure everything will be fine but as I say they seemed put out and thought their integrity was being questioned, that was not the case, evidently the company got caught out last year by someone!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

My company wanted to check them out before handing over any yearly advance and they were most put out and were amazed i asked to see a contract before handing over any money. They have my deposit and I am awaiting or the company is waiting to see the contract before they advance me the rent.Sure everything will be fine but as I say they seemed put out and thought their integrity was being questioned, that was not the case, evidently the company got caught out last year by someone!
It will be okay, they just prob never usually get asked....

and who cares if they seem put out eh?

sure it will be fine
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Biene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud of

I usually make an addendum to the contract stating that if a suitable replacement tenant can be found paying the same rent then you can give up the tenancy. I have never had a problem with a landlord refusing to sign it.