Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Rent Advice Please

Rent Advice Please

Old Oct 10th 2009, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent Advice Please

and remember it doesnt matter how many cheques you present (if allowable by landlord which isnt common here) and when presented to bank if no funds in the account you can go to jail.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 2:17 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
and remember it doesnt matter how many cheques you present (if allowable by landlord which isnt common here) and when presented to bank if no funds in the account you can go to jail.

and that is what is important!!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

no they can provide an accommodation allowance, which of course doesnt necessairly mean that they provide enough.
oooops sorry thought you meant accommodation duh not med insurance, yes they do have to provide it but remember not necessarily for families just the employee etc and some medical insurance schemes are better than others of course.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
and that is what is important!!
exactly it doesnt matter how many cheques if your contract is for the year then you pay for the year!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

exactly it doesnt matter how many cheques if your contract is for the year then you pay for the year!
It can be handy having 2 or 3 cheques for the rental period so if you lose your job and have to leave the country you don't lose the rest of the years rent.
And if that happens you won't give a toss if the 2nd cheque bounces....you've cancelled the lease and are outta here.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jeeper
It can be handy having 2 or 3 cheques for the rental period so if you lose your job and have to leave the country you don't lose the rest of the years rent.
And if that happens you won't give a toss if the 2nd cheque bounces....you've cancelled the lease and are outta here.
yes but they might eventually catch up with you, and if you ever want to transit through the uae think again.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

yes but they might eventually catch up with you, and if you ever want to transit through the uae think again.
god we're a shi.t scared lot.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paddy09
Thanks

I really appreciate your advice. I have outlined my package below (I think i got my rent calculations wrong earlier). On the basis that my wife doesnt get work, do you think this would allow us to have a good lifestyle over there.

The package is:
Basic: 72,000 US$ per annun
Housing Allowance: 10,980 AED (UAE Dirhams) per month
Car Allowance: 3,660 AED per month
Mobile allowance: 500 AED per month
One return flight home per year
4 weeks holidays

We like sports and of course going to the pub
Basic: 72,000 US$ per annun
Housing Allowance: 10,980 AED (UAE Dirhams) per month
Car Allowance: 3,660 AED per month
Mobile allowance: 500 AED per month

This totals around 37k Dh a month. If you have no kids, you will be more than fine

Do check the medical cover, and try and get a relocation lump to pay for fees etc when you get here. Make sure that they pay for your wifes sponsor ship too.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Marco78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fresh news from the market: I've just paid the deposit for a 1bd in Munseer area (approx. at the crossroad between 28th and 13th)
Very nice aptm in a villa, though not huge
The price? 120k + 3k for utilities
Old Oct 11th 2009, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marco78
Fresh news from the market: I've just paid the deposit for a 1bd in Munseer area (approx. at the crossroad between 28th and 13th)

I pay 123k for a three bed on the Corniche with a pool and Gym...

I dread the day I have to move!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

3 k for utilities? a month?
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Marco78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
3 k for utilities? a month?
a day
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:17 am
Concierge

a day
yeah right
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I pay 123k for a three bed on the Corniche with a pool and Gym...

I dread the day I have to move!
You did well - I'm sure you would need 150k for something like that now!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

manaser area will be where you are. is it a new villa? or a converted one? if converted hope you saw the muncipality approval for change of use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.