Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

relocation costs to Abu Dhabi

relocation costs to Abu Dhabi

Old Mar 30th 2022, 8:08 am
Just Joined

oklah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default relocation costs to Abu Dhabi

What is a reasonable budget to assume for shipping our stuff (household of 5) from the Far East (Hong Kong/Singapore) to Abu Dhabi?
Old Mar 30th 2022, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: relocation costs to Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by oklah
What is a reasonable budget to assume for shipping our stuff (household of 5) from the Far East (Hong Kong/Singapore) to Abu Dhabi?
Really depends on what ‘stuff’ you mean ? Furniture? Personal possessions, appliances ….. it may help you get an answer if you are a little more specific
Old Mar 30th 2022, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

oklah is an unknown quantity at this point

So family of five. Some lounge and bedroom furniture - no closets. No fridge, etc, just one big TV.
Family of 5, lots of clothes and books 😅
Old Mar 31st 2022, 4:36 am
fth
Forum Regular

fth is an unknown quantity at this point

Shipping anything out of China / Singapore etc is going to be very expensive given the freight costs for a 20’ or 40’ container from Shanghai have gone to all time highs.

I’d speak to a decent local moving company with representation at both ends. AGS were good for me in Doha, KC Dat in HK and Singapore were excellent for me there (but no offices in AD) they should be able to give you a ballpark figure.

If you’re in HK the lockdown restrictions will be another complication. If you have space in your container I’d take your white goods as the plugs and voltages are the same in this region as SG and HK but stuff is lower spec. I’d also buy air purifiers in Asia and ship them as they can be difficult to find and expensive.

Whilst you might save some cash by sharing a container with someone on the same route, it comes with a lot of hassle.

Last edited by fth; Mar 31st 2022 at 4:42 am.