Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Relocating and Working in Baghdad

Relocating and Working in Baghdad

Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:56 am
Just Joined

howesma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating and Working in Baghdad

I have been presented with a unique oportunity to work closely with the Municipality and local Architects in a Project Director capacity within Iraq for a London based project management company and I am researching on the interent for the how, what and why's but if people had experience or currently resident then i would really appreciate feedback or direction to information. thank you.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 2:30 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating and Working in Baghdad

Go for it, you'll have a blast
Old Mar 27th 2009, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by howesma
I have been presented with a unique oportunity to work closely with the Municipality and local Architects in a Project Director capacity within Iraq for a London based project management company and I am researching on the interent for the how, what and why's but if people had experience or currently resident then i would really appreciate feedback or direction to information. thank you.
you're brave.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 3:27 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

If I was you i'd go for it. It will be a new experience and if you dont like it you can always come back like our troops do.

Last edited by Edo; Mar 27th 2009 at 3:29 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 12:38 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
you can always come back like our troops do.
in bodybags?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 1:21 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
in bodybags?
Yes, if you are lucky.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:22 pm
banned

Dead lucky...

Well, for Edo's advice, if your lucky you'll be killed
Old Mar 29th 2009, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

I have friends who have fought there. They would insult the shit out of your IQ if you asked them the same question.

Anyway, have you ever seen a man beheaded with a dull blade or the aftermath scenes of a mortar attack?
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:46 am
banned

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
I have friends who have fought there. (you have 'friends', i actually have. They would insult the shit out of your IQ if you asked them the same question. diddumms, im sure your 'friends', would see my sense of humour..something that is missed on folk like you
Anyway, have you ever seen a man beheaded with a dull blade (no thank ****, have you?)or the aftermath scenes of a mortar attack? (yes, nice)
if thats referred to me, then allow me to answer above.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by commander
if thats referred to me, then allow me to answer above.
Actually no... and yes, I too post with a slight humour angle
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:45 am
banned

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Actually no... and yes, I too post with a slight humour angle