Reload this Page >

Reliable VPN to use in Dubai

Reliable VPN to use in Dubai

Old Sep 5th 2021, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Kinko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reliable VPN to use in Dubai

Hi,
I am looking for a reliable VPN to use in Dubai in order to communicate with the family via whatsapp if you could help, please. Thank you.
Old Sep 6th 2021, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Reliable VPN to use in Dubai

I’ve been using NordVPN with no issues.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 7:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Jumping on this, apologies.

Expres was working brilliantly for years for the Apple TV with fixed DNS to watch All4, iPlayer etc, but now it just never, ever works and seems to just block the internet. I've been on live chat with them etc and no real joy, the last time after doing all their stupid things they suggested I find another provider, mental.

Anyone got the same or anyone got a set up recommendation for Apple TV?
I'm loathed to go back to the dodgy boxes because they're a faff and typically overpriced or a hassle through a firestick etc.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Jumping on this, apologies.

Expres was working brilliantly for years for the Apple TV with fixed DNS to watch All4, iPlayer etc, but now it just never, ever works and seems to just block the internet. I've been on live chat with them etc and no real joy, the last time after doing all their stupid things they suggested I find another provider, mental.

Anyone got the same or anyone got a set up recommendation for Apple TV?
I'm loathed to go back to the dodgy boxes because they're a faff and typically overpriced or a hassle through a firestick etc.
For Apple TV I use smartdnsproxy.com has worked really well for me for the last 4 years you just add the DNS settings in the apple TV manually and away you go no VPN required. Works for BBC ITV C4 5 BTSport and many more. They also offer a VPN app for other devices which I occasionally use and it works well.

Ive also moved away from dodgy boxes and now use an IPTV box emulator app on my Samsung TV .... The app doesnt provide content but I pay 450 per year for a UK 'package' its been stable for 2 years + .

Last edited by UKMS; Sep 8th 2021 at 8:09 am.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 8:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by UKMS
For Apple TV I use smartdnsproxy.com has worked really well for me for the last 4 years you just add the DNS settings in the apple TV manually and away you go no VPN required. Works for BBC ITV C4 5 BTSport and many more. They also offer a VPN app for other devices which I occasionally use and it works well.

Ive also moved away from dodgy boxes and now use an IPTV box emulator app on my Samsung TV .... The app doesnt provide content but I pay 450 per year for a UK 'package' its been stable for 2 years + .
Thanks, really appreciate it.
I'm happy with the VPN for everything else, it's just the DNS bit that they're struggling with.

I'll look at the link - thank you for sharing.

IPTV emulator app. Interesting. I've bitten the bullet and got a firestick and subscription for 70quid a year to a service for the bedroom and it's OK. It's mainly to watch football or sport in bed or whatever....but it doesn't have catch up so no real use in the living room for evening viewing.

Old Sep 8th 2021, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the Chinese DVD lady no longer comes knocking...used to be a blessing in Abu Dhabi even though some films ended prematurely
Old Sep 8th 2021, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by flares
I guess the Chinese DVD lady no longer comes knocking...used to be a blessing in Abu Dhabi even though some films ended prematurely

What memories. Proper old school piracy, shadows in the cinemas, shit sound. The works. 10dhs a pop I think I used to pay, or a bundle for less.