Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Realistic Rush Hour Drive Time From Dub to AD

Realistic Rush Hour Drive Time From Dub to AD

Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

smileymiley1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Realistic Rush Hour Drive Time From Dub to AD

Can anyone please advise me on the 'realistic' drive time during rush hour from The Greens or The Marina Dubai to Al Raha AD.

Please only respond if you have actually done the journey cos i need a true answer to enable me to make a decision on where to live.

Alternatively, should i just live in AD?!?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Realistic Rush Hour Drive Time From Dub to AD

Originally Posted by smileymiley1980
Can anyone please advise me on the 'realistic' drive time during rush hour from The Greens or The Marina Dubai to Al Raha AD.

Please only respond if you have actually done the journey cos i need a true answer to enable me to make a decision on where to live.

Alternatively, should i just live in AD?!?
If you are going to be doing the drive regulary (or even worse daily) I would 100% live in AD.
The road between D & AD is bad at the best of times and in peak hours it can resemble a giant car park. There are crashes on there daily which add to the delay.
I would say the drive would take anything from 90mins to ...... (4hrs on one trip!) Inshallah
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

smileymiley1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great thanks. People have been giving me over optimistic advice and telling me 50mins! I will stick to living in AD then.

Thanks again
Old Apr 20th 2008, 5:26 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great thanks. People have been giving me over optimistic advice and telling me 50mins! I will stick to living in AD then.
Thanks again
The right choice especially as (this may come as a shock to those of you back in the UK and thinking of moving here) there is alot of fog/haze in the early mornings which causes traffic chaos.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again
With clear traffic, from the springs to al raha is easily doable in 50 mins - but if there are "road surprises" it can take much longer.... I know people who do commute daily between AD and DXB - it's not much fun...
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

ok, based on my experience from commuting from Meadows (Emirate Hills Dubai) to Musaffa (AD) which is about 10 mins from AL Raha.

The journey leaving Meadows at 0700 used to take me 1 hour.

Leaving AD at 1700 took around 1.5 Hours as i caught the traffic around JA.

I now live in Al Raha which is really nice and close to work

Hope this helps....