Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Gigs / Live music in Dubai

Gigs / Live music in Dubai

Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Rachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of light
Default Gigs / Live music in Dubai

Hello,

Where are the live music venues in Dubai?! I'm moving out in a couple of weeks and fear that'll be one of the things i miss the most!

I understand some big names to play there but can't find any details online.

Thanks,

R
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gigs / Live music in Dubai

Originally Posted by Rachatron
Hello,

Where are the live music venues in Dubai?! I'm moving out in a couple of weeks and fear that'll be one of the things i miss the most!

Thanks,

R
I did a thread about this recently, most decent bands never come anywhere near this place, although Tatu are coming soon

Bloc Party are playing and the kooks are/were on at some point, but I wouldn't raise your hopes too high I'm afraid.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Rachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmmm, OK, thanks Do you know the name of the place where they play / where you get tickets from?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks,

R
time out ticket line has booking for a lot of events going on here, with timo out dubai being a good source for whats happening.

Spugsys right though, its not like london, where there is something happening every night/week even.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

basically, think of your favourite/most popular band right now.

Forward the clocks to 2035 and they will make an appearance at the Irish villiage...

Tonnes of posters on here will orgasm at the thought of yet another over priced shit organised farce....

Basically Dubai wouldnt know a good gig if it pooped on them..

I await a bashing from the Santana faithfull
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:56 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad

Forward the clocks to 2035 and they will make an appearance at the Irish villiage...

Tonnes of posters on here will orgasm at the thought of yet another over priced shit organised farce....

so are Erasure coming or not
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
so are Erasure coming or not
i rest my case.

Is the lead singer still around?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:03 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

There a re a lot of good 'pub' bands here, some a lot better than the UK. I love live music too, but too be honest, not bothered about the big name bands as generally they end up being a let down IMHO. I've only ever rated 2 or 3 acts as being absolutely superb live, so would rather see someone I have no preconceptions about.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:26 am
W10

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad

Fantastic.

Out of interest, there are a few people who desperately struggle to get decent DJs and more 'serious', up and coming acts to come out here. But the reception is usually lukewarm at best.

I remember going to see Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly and the place being half empty, and the crowd busy asking for the stone roses to come on at the disco. I doubt he'll be back.

iBO closing was a real kick in the face for the DJ scene. I can't imagine Giles Peterson popping out to play a superclub here.

Last edited by W10; Apr 13th 2008 at 9:28 am.

Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Fantastic.

Out of interest, there are a few people who desperately struggle to get decent DJs and more 'serious', up and coming acts to come out here. But the reception is usually lukewarm at best.

I remember going to see Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly and the place being half empty, and the crowd busy asking for the stone roses to come on at the disco. I doubt he'll be back.

iBO closing was a real kick in the face for the DJ scene. I can't imagine Giles Peterson popping out to play a superclub here.

you make me feel old - I am still listening to T Rex's greatest hits
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:45 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you make me feel old - I am still listening to T Rex's greatest hits
Electric Warrior was the first album I ever bought...Marc Bolan lives!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

Thanks,

R
I know its different but I hear there's a couple of big named DJ's that have played out there?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:29 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
I know its different but I hear there's a couple of big named DJ's that have played out there?
oh aye stacks, judge jules was here a few weeks back, pete tong ages ago, loads of them,

and of course......Grooverider.

poor little fella.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:35 am
W10

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Oh yes. If you like your commercial trance nonsense you'll be in heaven here.

Occassionally you get the likes of the Quantic Soul Orchestra, Heartless Crew, Jeff Mills etc, but mostly its the 'World's number x DJ, Dutch van Dutchname'

Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by W10
Oh yes. If you like your commercial trance nonsense you'll be in heaven here.

Occassionally you get the likes of the Quantic Soul Orchestra, Heartless Crew, Jeff Mills etc, but mostly its the 'World's number x DJ, Dutch van Dutchname'
Ah yes.....I know him well.

I saw Lisa Lashes in Ibiza about 6 years ago....worst night out I've ever had. Cost me £40 to get in and it was turrrrd. Thats the only "named" DJ I've ever seen. Would love to see chemical brothers but can't see them making a trip out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.