Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Questions about rent?

Questions about rent?

Old Feb 5th 2005, 1:36 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of
Default Questions about rent?

Hi everyone,

1. Could someone give me a ruff figure what a 3 room apartment would cost in Dubai rent wise I mean? For a batchiolar?

2. Is it normal that an employer helps you out if you're coming to the UAE for the first time with some kind of financial help? I mean like paying the first 3 or 4 months?

3. Medical insurrance, any idea what they charge per month? I have a private medical insurrance here in Holland which costs me about € 100.00 per month and basically covers everything except dentist charges.

Thanks in advance,

Frans
Old Feb 5th 2005, 1:41 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about rent?

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Hi everyone,

1. Could someone give me a ruff figure what a 3 room apartment would cost in Dubai rent wise I mean? For a batchiolar?

2. Is it normal that an employer helps you out if you're coming to the UAE for the first time with some kind of financial help? I mean like paying the first 3 or 4 months?

3. Medical insurrance, any idea what they charge per month? I have a private medical insurrance here in Holland which costs me about € 100.00 per month and basically covers everything except dentist charges.

Thanks in advance,

Frans
Hi Frans for question 1. check out the "I'm on My Way" thread on this page - can't help you with the other two sorry, sure someone else will
Old Feb 5th 2005, 1:47 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Hi Frans for question 1. check out the "I'm on My Way" thread on this page - can't help you with the other two sorry, sure someone else will
Little Fairy, you're an Angel. I did check it out. But... Remember I'm a blonde okay?

A 1 bed flat is that one single room?

Frans
Old Feb 5th 2005, 2:00 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Little Fairy, you're an Angel. I did check it out. But... Remember I'm a blonde okay?

A 1 bed flat is that one single room?

Frans
wot kind of accomodation do they have in Holland? LOL

A studio apt is just one giant room with all the facilities located in the corners of the room, except the loo ofcourse, which is in a room of its own.

A 1 bed consists of a bedroom, a kitchen, a living room and a loo.

2 bed would have another bedroom and possibly 2 loos aswell.

and so on....

Q.2. Not a chance m8.

Q.3. Depends on the insurance company u choose........ i know that Med Net charges something like AED 1500 per year and this means that u pay AED 50 for every visit u make to a hospital, no matter wot the problem is or how serious it is.

Now get back in the pub! LOL
Old Feb 5th 2005, 2:09 pm
UAE Expat

[QUOTE=Face81]wot kind of accomodation do they have in Holland? LOL

A studio apt is just one giant room with all the facilities located in the corners of the room, except the loo ofcourse, which is in a room of its own.

A 1 bed consists of a bedroom, a kitchen, a living room and a loo.

2 bed would have another bedroom and possibly 2 loos aswell.

and so on....

Pffff.... That's ****ing expensive !!!!!!!!!!! A 3 room apartment will set you back about € 550 to € 650 a month here in Holland. Not including gas / water / electra I mean. Damn... And if you're require to pay it in advance I need to re-think a few things, actually re-think the whole idea of moving overthere to be honnest.

Frans
Old Feb 5th 2005, 2:14 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Pffff.... That's ****ing expensive !!!!!!!!!!! A 3 room apartment will set you back about € 550 to € 650 a month here in Holland. Not including gas / water / electra I mean. Damn... And if you're require to pay it in advance I need to re-think a few things, actually re-think the whole idea of moving overthere to be honnest.

Frans
now, now, there is no need to curse and swear. lol

Utilities arent included in those prices..... so be careful. Dubai is a very expensive place to live in. Tis no joke.