QP or Aramco JV

Old Oct 31st 2022, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Coucou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QP or Aramco JV

Hello all,

We are family of 5 wife (IT engineer) and 3 kids 4,3 and 1.
I am hesitant between 2 offers one in Doha with a salary around 45K take home and one in an Aramco JV in Easter Saudi paid 38K. Both provide full school tuition and medical.
In terms of saving which one do you think is better? Quality of life? I ma reading that Saudi has a lot to offer but I have concerns about saudization as I am 32.

Many thanks.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

w_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QP or Aramco JV

I would take Qatar offer without a question. Here is some justification:

-Qatar is cheaper than KSA (Yes it is) contrary to what some think
-You do not need an exit and re-entry permit in Qatar every time you want to travel. In KSA, this costs 200 SAR each
-You can renew your RP (Iqama) in Qatar for up to 3 years using your phone app, with reasonable fee. In KSA it is for one year only and you need to pay fortune
-British schools in Qatar are many and much cheaper than KSA, yet of much better quality.
-Being in a capital gives you many privileges that you can't find in eastern KSA. You have access to all governmental institutions, embassies, etc.
-You can find direct flights from Doha to heaps of destinations. This is not possible in eastern KSA
-Eastern KSA is at least 20 years behind Qatar in terms of development.
-QAR is slightly higher than SAR, so you take home more given the same salary.
-No VAT in Qatar (yet) unlike the 15% in KSA
-Medical services in Qatar are much better than eastern KSA, with many choices
-You will find loads of recreational facilities and things to do in Qatar compared to nothing in eastern KSA.

and the list goes on
Old Nov 1st 2022, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Thank you valuable feedback. That is in line with what I was thinking as well.

Do you think that it is a fair salary for a 7 year experienced O&G professional?
I personally find it quite enough knowing that my wife will have the privilege to stop working.
Old Nov 2nd 2022, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

w_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coucou
Thank you valuable feedback. That is in line with what I was thinking as well.

Do you think that it is a fair salary for a 7 year experienced O&G professional?
I personally find it quite enough knowing that my wife will have the privilege to stop working.
If this is on top of housing and education then it is very good.
Old Nov 2nd 2022, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Education comes on top but this include housing bit excl bonus.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 5:12 am
Just Joined

Ed86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this an indefinite role or under a contract? If it is an indefinite position than the base salary is very good for Doha.
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Ismailwadi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by w_scott
I would take Qatar offer without a question. Here is some justification:

-Qatar is cheaper than KSA (Yes it is) contrary to what some think
-You do not need an exit and re-entry permit in Qatar every time you want to travel. In KSA, this costs 200 SAR each
-You can renew your RP (Iqama) in Qatar for up to 3 years using your phone app, with reasonable fee. In KSA it is for one year only and you need to pay fortune
-British schools in Qatar are many and much cheaper than KSA, yet of much better quality.
-Being in a capital gives you many privileges that you can't find in eastern KSA. You have access to all governmental institutions, embassies, etc.
-You can find direct flights from Doha to heaps of destinations. This is not possible in eastern KSA
-Eastern KSA is at least 20 years behind Qatar in terms of development.
-QAR is slightly higher than SAR, so you take home more given the same salary.
-No VAT in Qatar (yet) unlike the 15% in KSA
-Medical services in Qatar are much better than eastern KSA, with many choices
-You will find loads of recreational facilities and things to do in Qatar compared to nothing in eastern KSA.

and the list goes on
Definitely agree with scott, I work for QP and would definitely recommend
Old Nov 3rd 2022, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

SandyMcSand is an unknown quantity at this point

Qatar all the way. I’d double check at what age the schooling might kick in because it doesn’t usually cover early years/nursery.

If this is the first offer they’ve given then obviously negotiate. But it’s a decent offer eitherway. So shut up and accept it.