Reload this Page >

smc7398's question about salary package in Abu Dhabi

smc7398's question about salary package in Abu Dhabi

Old Nov 2nd 2022, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

smc7398 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Abu Dhabi / Package

Hello,

first time poster but thought I would just add to this thread since my question is relatively similar to the OP.

I may have opportunity of a role in Abu Dhabi as an IT Project Manager. They’ve advised package should be;

45000 monthly wage
8000 (99000 annual) housing allowance
Medical ins covered for both my partner & 2 year old son.

I’ve had a brief look at villa’s & pre school places but wanted to get some feedback on whether a) the package sounds about right & b) any recommendation on areas for living to look for that would be at a reasonable price & give us the best opportunity of meeting other families.

cheers
Steven

Last edited by smc7398; Nov 2nd 2022 at 4:21 pm. Reason: Title update
Old Nov 2nd 2022, 4:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: smc7398's question about salary package in Abu Dhabi

Hi, welcome to BE.

Your question may have been missed tacked on to the end of somebody else's old thread, so I've moved your post in to a new thread where hopefully the forum pros will be see it and be able to advise.

HTH, good luck.
Old Nov 2nd 2022, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: smc7398's question about salary package

no problem thanks

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE.

Your question may have been missed tacked on to the end of somebody else's old thread, so I've moved your post in to a new thread where hopefully the forum pros will be see it and be able to advise.

HTH, good luck.
Old Nov 4th 2022, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Abu Dhabi / Package

Originally Posted by smc7398
Hello,

first time poster but thought I would just add to this thread since my question is relatively similar to the OP.

I may have opportunity of a role in Abu Dhabi as an IT Project Manager. They’ve advised package should be;

45000 monthly wage
8000 (99000 annual) housing allowance
Medical ins covered for both my partner & 2 year old son.

I’ve had a brief look at villa’s & pre school places but wanted to get some feedback on whether a) the package sounds about right & b) any recommendation on areas for living to look for that would be at a reasonable price & give us the best opportunity of meeting other families.

cheers
Steven
Hi Steven
Cant really advide on whether the package is right for you (compared to your current role, uplift and lifestyle etc) but its certainly a liveable salary. Might be worth researching housing based on where you will be working and then look within a commutable distance. One question .. does your package include any allowance for nursery/education.
Old Nov 4th 2022, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKMS
Hi Steven
Cant really advide on whether the package is right for you (compared to your current role, uplift and lifestyle etc) but its certainly a liveable salary. Might be worth researching housing based on where you will be working and then look within a commutable distance. One question .. does your package include any allowance for nursery/education.
Thanks for your response UKMS. The question on package was more based on if it would be comfortable for the 3 of us to live & it is a jump from current in UK.

I’ve had a look at villas in Al Khalidya & Al Reem mostly as it would be downtown I’d be based. had also looked at Khalifa City. Any recommendations on area which would have enough green space nearby & good for meeting other families?

Package doesn’t have any allowance for nursery or education but I could query this again as it may be worthwhile.
Old Nov 4th 2022, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your response UKMS. The question on package was more based on if it would be comfortable for the 3 of us to live & it is a jump from current in UK.

I’ve had a look at villas in Al Khalidya & Al Reem mostly as it would be downtown I’d be based. had also looked at Khalifa City. Any recommendations on area which would have enough green space nearby & good for meeting other families?

Package doesn’t have any allowance for nursery or education but I could query this again as it may be worthwhile.
My intimate knowledge of accomodation in AD is not that great apart from anywhere thats a commute to the airport, Im Dubai based but my daughter lives/works in AD and lives in Raha Beach / Yas area, which I know quite well.

Hopefully others may chime in on the areas you mention. In my experience meeting families will often come from nursery/school or other social environments rather than neccesarily where you live (of course that can come into it). We have built up a huge social circle which all started at our gym and grew from there. If you are in anyway social you shouldnt have a problem but dont always rely on neighbours.
Old Nov 4th 2022, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKMS
My intimate knowledge of accomodation in AD is not that great apart from anywhere thats a commute to the airport, Im Dubai based but my daughter lives/works in AD and lives in Raha Beach / Yas area, which I know quite well.

Hopefully others may chime in on the areas you mention. In my experience meeting families will often come from nursery/school or other social environments rather than neccesarily where you live (of course that can come into it). We have built up a huge social circle which all started at our gym and grew from there. If you are in anyway social you shouldnt have a problem but dont always rely on neighbours.
I think if the package is confirmed we would look to come out for a few days & look at some of the areas before committing. I’ll also have a bit of time at the start to look at options also.

That’s good to know on the social aspect of things, we are both pretty sociable so would be going to gym/classes regular along with taking our son to pre school initially until school.

Thanks again for your response.
Old Nov 4th 2022, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

I think if the package is confirmed we would look to come out for a few days & look at some of the areas before committing. I’ll also have a bit of time at the start to look at options also.

That’s good to know on the social aspect of things, we are both pretty sociable so would be going to gym/classes regular along with taking our son to pre school initially until school.

Thanks again for your response.
Nothing better than spending a few days driving around and get a feel for places.