Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Qatar exit visa question

Qatar exit visa question

Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar exit visa question

Originally Posted by qatarsoon
Thanks britexpat for taking the time to answer my questions.

Does anyone have any idea about salaries in Qatar for project directors (roads) for someone with 20 years experience(including accommodation allowance). Assuming that they will also provide travel tickets, health insurance, school cost for kids, paid holiday of 5 weeks a year.
40,000 QAR plus

15,000 QAR Accom

2 flights per year for family

Medical

Schooling

Performance related bonus 0-4 months salary
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:19 am
Just Joined

qatarsoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by co durham boy
40,000 QAR plus

15,000 QAR Accom

2 flights per year for family

Medical

Schooling

Performance related bonus 0-4 months salary
Thanks mate, this is very helpful
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate, this is very helpful
That's the pitch as i see it , all depends on project , contractor and value though , things change rapidly here in Qatar

There's a lot of work but it's all at shit prices and crap margins .
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

That's the pitch as i see it , all depends on project , contractor and value though , things change rapidly here in Qatar

There's a lot of work but it's all at shit prices and crap margins .
That's true, things are changing very fast , to the best hopefully.

I will try to push the salary up as much as I can, do you guys suggest any thing that I need to include in the contract, something you learned from living and working there, specially those who worked for the government there?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's true, things are changing very fast , to the best hopefully.

I will try to push the salary up as much as I can, do you guys suggest any thing that I need to include in the contract, something you learned from living and working there, specially those who worked for the government there?
Just get everything quantified and specifically stated on each part of your contract , if it's not in ink these fu**ers will knock you for it . Take no chances and get it in the contract , don't be fobbed off with the bullshit of " We'll sort that out when you get here " because when you get here it's too late mate.

If you're going for a job with the governmental entity that looks after the roads and infrastructure here then make sure everything is quadrupled as they are known to forget about paying you now and again.

They might have money but they do business like Pikeys and treat people like a Pikeys dog .
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Just get everything quantified and specifically stated on each part of your contract , if it's not in ink these fu**ers will knock you for it . Take no chances and get it in the contract , don't be fobbed off with the bullshit of " We'll sort that out when you get here " because when you get here it's too late mate.

If you're going for a job with the governmental entity that looks after the roads and infrastructure here then make sure everything is quadrupled as they are known to forget about paying you now and again.

They mightto, have money but they do business like Pikeys and treat people like a Pikeys dog .
That's true, I heared the same , well I will try to use my risk management skills in running the whole thing, although I know it's hard to apply logic there, I lived in the middle east when I was younger.
Thanks for your advice regarding the contract, it will make a big difference to me.
Iam glad I found this forum.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's true, I heared the same , well I will try to use my risk management skills in running the whole thing, although I know it's hard to apply logic there, I lived in the middle east when I was younger.
Thanks for your advice regarding the contract, it will make a big difference to me.
Iam glad I found this forum.
No problem mate , just fire away if there's anything else , there's a few of us in Doha who know the score and i'm in the construction industry here as well .

If you get the right deal then Qatar is ok and great from a family perspective , the art is getting the right deal , the bigger the cushion the better the life here in Doha.

Good luck
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

No problem mate , just fire away if there's anything else , there's a few of us in Doha who know the score and i'm in the construction industry here as well .

If you get the right deal then Qatar is ok and great from a family perspective , the art is getting the right deal , the bigger the cushion the better the life here in Doha.

Good luck
Thank you indeed
Will see how things develope, I will not do it if it's not worth it financially, I know that some people rush and do it without in depth investigation of every aspect of the offer and life there.