Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways Offer - Grade 8 Position

Qatar Airways Offer - Grade 8 Position

Old Jul 20th 2023, 8:40 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 5
Sam90uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar Airways Offer - Grade 8 Position

Hi Everyone,

I've received the following offer (details below) from Qatar Airways for a grade 8 position. Initially the basic salary proposed was QAR18,000 but after negotiating a bit when they informed me they raised it slightly a few days later (even though it is still below the range I provided). Would appreciate some feedback if this is a fair offer for a grade 8 position, suitable for relocating a family of 4 to Qatar? and how much more room for negotiation there could be potentially if anyone has experiences to share or any other general advice to consider? Thanks a lot!
Proposed Basic Salary QAR19,500

Housing QAR7,500 or Company Accommodation

Transport Allowance 1,750 QAR

Utility Allowance 500 QAR

Total QAR29,250 (Including Housing Allowance) OR QAR21,750 + company accommodation

Last edited by Sam90uk; Jul 20th 2023 at 8:55 pm.
Sam90uk is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2023, 3:19 am
  #2  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 13
Coucou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Qatar Airways Offer - Grade 8 Position

To answer you we will need to know where are you from, what is your age? How does that compare with your current salary.
Coucou is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2023, 8:28 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 5
Sam90uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Qatar Airways Offer - Grade 8 Position

Originally Posted by Coucou
To answer you we will need to know where are you from, what is your age? How does that compare with your current salary.
Sure, my age is 33, i'm from the UK and currently the total offer is slightly higher than my UK post-tax salary but it is lower than my overall salary package here (pre-tax). So i'm interested to see whether people relocating for a position are comparing to post/pre-tax salary and how the package compares with overall expenses / standard of living in Qatar. Thanks
Sam90uk is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2023, 10:16 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Dubai
Posts: 851
UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar Airways Offer - Grade 8 Position

Originally Posted by Sam90uk
Sure, my age is 33, i'm from the UK and currently the total offer is slightly higher than my UK post-tax salary but it is lower than my overall salary package here (pre-tax). So i'm interested to see whether people relocating for a position are comparing to post/pre-tax salary and how the package compares with overall expenses / standard of living in Qatar. Thanks
You mention a family of 4 what are your children’s ages and is there any education allowance, Im
also assuming that they are sponsoring your family and providing medical cover etc ? Any relocation allowance ? Or other setup allowance.

My knowledge of Qatar is limited but my experience really applies to anywhere in this part of the world. Personally I wouldn’t drag my family to the region without a significant uplift to give you some benefit of being here. Factor your setup costs which can dent any savings you have, UK tax liabilities initially, loss of any financial benefits in the UK (Pension, NI etc) plus many other considerations in bringing a family away for effectively the same money.
UKMS is offline  
Old Jul 29th 2023, 10:28 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 28
Totototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Qatar Airways Offer - Grade 8 Position

Hi

I lived in Qatar 5 years
from what I remember you will have those monthly expenses (more or less)

petrol 560 QAR / month
internet 300 QAR / month
groceries 3460 QAR / month
Car insurance 85 QAR / month (3rd party liability only for full insurance x 2)
mobile plan 200 QAR / month
rent 7500 QAR / month (lusail 3BR 35 min drive from DOH airport)
school 2900 QAR / month (per kid)

Expense per month 17905 QAR (61% of income 29,250)

(taking into account 4.33 week per month and you covering school fees)

so basically if the school allowance is not included in your package I believe that for a family with 2 kids this salary is just OK.

If the school allowance is included you will have approximatively 12,105 QAR of expenses (41% of the income, much better) The rest being savings.

the above is the strict minimum if you go out (dinner cinema) and you will surely do the savings will be slightly lower

what I can tell you is that Qatar is a very safe country and it’s a nice place for families.

i didn’t include all the benefits provided by QA such as the ID 90 and ID 50 tickets that you can have (not sure if included in your package) which are always good to travel at minimum cost.

if you want to have more info don’t hesitate to DM me.


Last edited by Totototo; Jul 29th 2023 at 10:40 pm.
Totototo is offline  
Old Nov 10th 2023, 6:20 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2023
Posts: 3
Pkinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Qatar Airways Offer - Grade 8 Position

Originally Posted by Sam90uk
Hi Everyone,

I've received the following offer (details below) from Qatar Airways for a grade 8 position. Initially the basic salary proposed was QAR18,000 but after negotiating a bit when they informed me they raised it slightly a few days later (even though it is still below the range I provided). Would appreciate some feedback if this is a fair offer for a grade 8 position, suitable for relocating a family of 4 to Qatar? and how much more room for negotiation there could be potentially if anyone has experiences to share or any other general advice to consider? Thanks a lot!
Proposed Basic Salary QAR19,500

Housing QAR7,500 or Company Accommodation

Transport Allowance 1,750 QAR

Utility Allowance 500 QAR

Total QAR29,250 (Including Housing Allowance) OR QAR21,750 + company accommodation
The school fee allowance is the key factor in here. If no assistance is provided don't come. Qatar is an expensive country. 7500 QAR will not get you a decent 3 bedroom apartment + furniture cost.
Pkinson is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.