Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Pop Tarts a.k.a the location thereof in Doha

Pop Tarts a.k.a the location thereof in Doha

Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:01 pm
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Rascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the rough
Default Pop Tarts a.k.a the location thereof in Doha

OK. Calling all you 'secret squirrels' in Doha!

Where can we find the good old Uk breakfast tradition known as POP TARTS. The two rugrats are bound to ask when they arrive on 25th July 2006. To date I've gone seeking at Hyatt/Landmark/Lulu etc etc and am b*gg*r*d if I can find any ... :scared: !!!

Unless I've gone there with eyes wide closed and missed them taking note of all the other forgotten treasures* like Alpen/Walkers Crisps/Quavers/Toffos/Toberone etc etc!!

The rugrats have heard all about the well stocked shelves in the hypermarkets here and have apparently licked their lips! R confirm please? They are bound to demand on the morning of 26th July 2006 'where are the pop tarts?' That will be between munching the UK chocolate and licking the Haagen Daas ice cream cone I am sure!

So please, please, please someone put us out of our misery and tell us where the Pop Tarts are !

*We poor British Expats who've made the wayward trip to Doha VIA New Zealand have been starved of UK goodies for four long years.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:21 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pop Tarts a.k.a the location thereof in Doha

Originally Posted by Rascalmate

Where can we find the good old Uk breakfast tradition known as POP TARTS. The two rugrats are bound to ask when they arrive on 25th July 2006. To date I've gone seeking at Hyatt/Landmark/Lulu etc etc and am b*gg*r*d if I can find any ... :scared: !!!

Unless I've gone there with eyes wide closed and missed them taking note of all the other forgotten treasures* like Alpen/Walkers Crisps/Quavers/Toffos/Toberone etc etc!!

The rugrats have heard all about the well stocked shelves in the hypermarkets here and have apparently licked their lips! R confirm please? They are bound to demand on the morning of 26th July 2006 'where are the pop tarts?' That will be between munching the UK chocolate and licking the Haagen Daas ice cream cone I am sure!

So please, please, please someone put us out of our misery and tell us where the Pop Tarts are !

*We poor British Expats who've made the wayward trip to Doha VIA New Zealand have been starved of UK goodies for four long years.

I seem to remember seeing these in the pork section of supermarkets (something like gelatin in ingredients that is derived from pigs).
Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:29 pm
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Rascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I seem to remember seeing these in the pork section of supermarkets (something like gelatin in ingredients that is derived from pigs).
Seriously? Me thought there was NO pork at all! So if there is a pork section then there is BACON? Yes? No?

Which supermarket? All supermarkets?
Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:31 pm
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Red face Re: Pop Tarts a.k.a the location thereof in Doha

Where is the 'pork section' located then in supermarkets with relation to say the check outs?? Me will go later across road to Lulu?

Bacon for brekkie yummie!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:34 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the 'pork section' located then in supermarkets with relation to say the check outs?? Me will go later across road to Lulu?

Bacon for brekkie yummie!
Not sure about Qatar, but Bahrain and Dubai have pork sections in supermarkets such as Spinneys.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:41 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well that will be the problem then - no pork = no pop tarts

(Def. a good excuse for Rascal to take a shopping trip to Dubai )
Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:45 pm
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Oh well that will be the problem then - no pork = no pop tarts

(Def. a good excuse for Rascal to take a shopping trip to Dubai )
:scared: Should re-name myself Mr Glum now! Rugrats will NOT be happy. Rascal will be nagged to death to go to Dubai!

Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:54 pm
Big Member

:scared: Should re-name myself Mr Glum now! Rugrats will NOT be happy. Rascal will be nagged to death to go to Dubai!

By 2013 the Bahrain-Qatar causeway should be finished. You could then do pork-runs.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Samijam is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Rascalmate] OK. Calling all you 'secret squirrels' in Doha!

Pop tarts can be found in Mega Mart in Landmark and the Centre and also in Q Mart in the Mall - the rugrats will be happy
Old Jul 9th 2006, 2:54 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Samijam]

Pop tarts can be found in Mega Mart in Landmark and the Centre and also in Q Mart in the Mall - the rugrats will be happy
See we do have everything in DOha.........

EXCEPT the bl**** pork GGrrr
Old Jul 9th 2006, 2:57 pm
a.k.a Mr Rascal

[QUOTE=Samijam]

Ta for that! I really must have been there with my eyes closed!! Never saw them! Have to stock up with them before 25th!
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
By 2013 the Bahrain-Qatar causeway should be finished. You could then do pork-runs.
aha, wonder if the Hamilton to Auckland road will be finished by then?? lol
I seriously doubt it though.

Pork runs eh? mmm.... I wanted to live the jetset life, looks like I am gonna be doing hops to Dubai.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Malteser]
Originally Posted by Samijam

See we do have everything in DOha.........

EXCEPT the bl**** pork GGrrr
Pop Tarts and Walkers crisps?
Heck, I will feel like am in seventh heaven.
Only place that stocks them in NZ is the English shops which you need to take out a second mortgage to buy.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:35 pm
a.k.a Mr Rascal

[QUOTE=Rascal]
Originally Posted by Malteser
Pop Tarts and Walkers crisps?
Heck, I will feel like am in seventh heaven.
Only place that stocks them in NZ is the English shops which you need to take out a second mortgage to buy.
Me on THIRD 6 bag pack of Walkers crisps. You cant get the multi bags of Walkers in NZ! Or can you??

Cant remember! Must be the desert sand in my brain! Or the heat!

Me need to watch weight soon! Too many decent, delicious bags of crisps unlike the 541t NZ crisps that one mouthful later you realise they are kak!
Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

told the Rugrats they can have Walkers crisps, pop tarts, Golden Nuggets, etc, well that dfid it, they cant wait now to be out!
9 days and counting.