Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Irish Music in Dubai

Irish Music in Dubai

Old Jul 15th 2006, 7:20 am
Just Joined

huskydogs has a brilliant futurehuskydogs has a brilliant futurehuskydogs has a brilliant futurehuskydogs has a brilliant futurehuskydogs has a brilliant futurehuskydogs has a brilliant future
Default Irish Music in Dubai

Hi

Anywhere in Dubai where one can experience real Irish music. You know, a sort of jamming session with the tin whistle, pipes etc not just an Irish singer with a guitar (eg Fibbers)

Ta
Old Jul 15th 2006, 4:22 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish Music in Dubai

If you find anywhere, let us know!

Currently, it'll be near-impossible to find a jam session anywhere other than a private house, thanks to the law that states that anyone who wants to perform in public (whether paid or not) needs to obtain a permit in advance from the Municipality - hence the stories of various rock stars on holiday in Dubai being surprised when their offers to join the house band on stage for a few numbers are politely but firmly refused.

I've been wondering if there's much of an audience for folk/folk-rock in Dubai. I'd like to bring the Oysterband or Show of Hands over to find out, but it would be an expensive way of testing the water if it didn't work...