Reload this Page >

Plans to move to Dubai!

Plans to move to Dubai!

Old Dec 2nd 2017, 9:41 am
Just Joined

masif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plans to move to Dubai!

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Not forgetting zero liquidity in the secondary property market got about 12-18 months now and falling prices.

Just realised it’s UAE not Qatar. Although my views are the same.

Transferring undervalued GBP to but over valued USD assets is not sensible in my opinion.
Actually its a mess everywhere, and Dubai is no exception.

e.g. UK has to deal with Brexit, which could have a huge potential impact. Similarly, EU has to deal with the rise of nationalisation, the impact of Euro and balancing of economies, the US has a "Trump" on their hands, the middle east has a brewing war with Iran, Russia has potential sanctions from EU and US over interference, China having an over-production problem, India having homegrown issues etc etc.

The only place left decent enough is wider Asia pacific or Australia i guess
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 9:57 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Could be the hangover, but...
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Even if you bought a house, you'd still subject to the Sponsorship/ NOC rules, so could find yourself sitting out a two year work ban, unemployable and unable to cover you mortgage payments, getting into debt and then being subject to a travel ban. No thanks.
What are the Sponsorship/NOC rules? I am not aware of any of those.. Would you be able to share a bit more detail.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Could be the hangover, but...
Probably Is ..
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by masif
Actually its a mess everywhere, and Dubai is no exception.

e.g. UK has to deal with Brexit, which could have a huge potential impact. Similarly, EU has to deal with the rise of nationalisation, the impact of Euro and balancing of economies, the US has a "Trump" on their hands, the middle east has a brewing war with Iran, Russia has potential sanctions from EU and US over interference, China having an over-production problem, India having homegrown issues etc etc.

The only place left decent enough is wider Asia pacific or Australia i guess
Brexit isn’t going to deliver the problems an oil economy has in a low oil world.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 11:19 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by masif
What are the Sponsorship/NOC rules? I am not aware of any of those.. Would you be able to share a bit more detail.
Plenty info around, for example here for Dubai. Qatar is more draconian.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 11:36 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Brexit isn’t going to deliver the problems an oil economy has in a low oil world.
It will for Scotland...
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

I beg to differ But lets leave it for a later discussion.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember rightly the designation on a visa alters things like the number of cars you can register against your name etc..... if it doesn't now it certainly used to.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
If I remember rightly the designation on a visa alters things like the number of cars you can register against your name etc..... if it doesn't now it certainly used to.
I have never had any problems whatsoever with mine being designated Archives Clerk, some people get their knickers in a twist about it....why I cannot fathom it out....perhaps it dents their oversized ego`s!!!

As for it affecting the number of cars you can register etc (whatever etc is) it does not as far as I know, it is what you earn...especially when sponsoring people such as wife, kids etc.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 3:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
I have never had any problems whatsoever with mine being designated Archives Clerk, some people get their knickers in a twist about it....why I cannot fathom it out....perhaps it dents their oversized ego`s!!!

As for it affecting the number of cars you can register etc (whatever etc is) it does not as far as I know, it is what you earn...especially when sponsoring people such as wife, kids etc.
I'm a follow-up clerk. Apparently the other option was crane driver....bit gutted really.

People who quibble over titles etc are not worth employing.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm a follow-up clerk. Apparently the other option was crane driver....bit gutted really.

People who quibble over titles etc are not worth employing.
Nail , Head, Hit

Pay me 200k a month and you could call me a ****** all day long!!
Old Dec 4th 2017, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Haven't a clue what mine is and don't particularly care, however, a few years ago I had two cars and a motorbike. I fancied a change so swapped the bike for a different one and went to register it. When I did they told me I couldn't as the rules had changed for my designation (an allowance of 3 vehicles to 2). They said if I was the next designation up this wouldn't have been a problem. I assumed this was due to folk buying stuff and then doing a runner. Obviously this left me in a somewhat sticky situation as I had already swapped the bikes and I was informed the only way to get round this was to get special permission from the CID. After visiting the CID and some smooth talking (actually it was more the angry CID guy noticing what company I work for - who built the building he worked in, of which he was very proud of for some reason) I got the sign off. So back I went to the registration place and they couldn't believe I'd got the sign off, to the point the lady showed it to several of her colleagues...... so, as I say, I'm not sure if this is still the case but it certainly was a few years ago.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Haven't a clue what mine is and don't particularly care, however, a few years ago I had two cars and a motorbike. I fancied a change so swapped the bike for a different one and went to register it. When I did they told me I couldn't as the rules had changed for my designation (an allowance of 3 vehicles to 2). They said if I was the next designation up this wouldn't have been a problem. I assumed this was due to folk buying stuff and then doing a runner. Obviously this left me in a somewhat sticky situation as I had already swapped the bikes and I was informed the only way to get round this was to get special permission from the CID. After visiting the CID and some smooth talking (actually it was more the angry CID guy noticing what company I work for - who built the building he worked in, of which he was very proud of for some reason) I got the sign off. So back I went to the registration place and they couldn't believe I'd got the sign off, to the point the lady showed it to several of her colleagues...... so, as I say, I'm not sure if this is still the case but it certainly was a few years ago.

Well I have only been here 17 years and this is the first time I have ever heard this, not doubting you at all, but all I can say is that in my experience titles mean jack, salary does! Plus I have never ever seen a list of designations, and what is more doubt there is such a thing!
Old Dec 4th 2017, 4:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I wouldn't give you responsibility for two push bikes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.