PIF

Old Jun 29th 2021, 6:21 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 19
UKexpat2021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PIF

I’m currently in discussions with the PIF. started to broach the subject of salary and was told by HR they would benchmark against my current salary. I’m currently UK based and earn c£100k, with car, bonus, etc all in comp is around c£150k. Is there a typical uplift they provide? What type of uplift would you expect moving from the UK to Saudi?
Many thanks!
UKexpat2021 is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2021, 10:21 am
  #2  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: PIF

Originally Posted by UKexpat2021
I’m currently in discussions with the PIF. started to broach the subject of salary and was told by HR they would benchmark against my current salary. I’m currently UK based and earn c£100k, with car, bonus, etc all in comp is around c£150k. Is there a typical uplift they provide? What type of uplift would you expect moving from the UK to Saudi?
Many thanks!
Big it up as much as possible.

I shared on another thread they're basically offering what you're on +X%. In the region it seems to be about 10%. Not sure if coming from UK
scrubbedexpat141 is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2021, 10:28 am
  #3  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Millhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Disneyland, Dubai
Posts: 15,887
Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PIF

Originally Posted by Scamp
Big it up as much as possible.

I shared on another thread they're basically offering what you're on +X%. In the region it seems to be about 10%. Not sure if coming from UK
spot on. Remember there are no guarantees of bonus or progression regardless of performance.

I would want 50pct on top of my U.K. gross (inc bonus), so around 65-68 a month. I don’t think they would be surprised by that, might even be cheap depending on the role.
Millhouse is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2021, 1:22 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 19
UKexpat2021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF

Originally Posted by Millhouse
spot on. Remember there are no guarantees of bonus or progression regardless of performance.

I would want 50pct on top of my U.K. gross (inc bonus), so around 65-68 a month. I don’t think they would be surprised by that, might even be cheap depending on the role.
thanks both for your feedback! I previously worked in the Middle East (not Saudi) and the offer was made without evidence of current salary

I was thinking 60+ (Base + housing) would be the floor, given that housing appears to be a significant cost on my current mortgage

UKexpat2021 is offline  
Old Dec 26th 2021, 8:01 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 4
Kinesiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF

UKexpat2021 - did you end up getting an offer from PIF? Would you mind sharing details? Also if rejected, what was the reason?
Kinesiz is offline  
Old Dec 26th 2021, 9:37 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 19
UKexpat2021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF

Feel free to PM, would rather not share the offer I’ve received publicly. Still mulling over whether to take the offer or an alternative offer a bit closer to home
UKexpat2021 is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2022, 10:12 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 1
BrMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF

Hi, I am expecting an offer shortly for a VP level role at PIF.

Any guidance from the members in this group(who have previously negotiated with PIF) on the compensation package structure and levels, would be greatly appreciated i.e. base, bonus, accommodation, education, relocation any other benefits?

I hear accommodation(in compound) and education are significant costs in KSA.

Thanks
BrMan is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2022, 10:56 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Taurus85's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2022
Location: Ireland
Posts: 40
Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF

I got an offer 2 weeks ago to work at PIF. After some back and forth I managed to get a bump of 6.6% on their initial offer.

Packages includes:
- Salary
- Bonus
- Housing Allowance
- Flight Allowance
- Relocation
- Healthcare
- 25 Days Of Time Off
Taurus85 is offline  
Old Aug 18th 2022, 8:12 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Taurus85's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2022
Location: Ireland
Posts: 40
Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF

Guys, I accepted the offer a 3 months ago, and been a consultant (contractor) at PIF for just over 2 months. Yestery they offer me to be a full time employee.

Has anyone gone through this process? What should I expect. Any advice will be highlly appreciated.
Taurus85 is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2022, 6:55 am
  #10  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: PIF

Originally Posted by Taurus85
Guys, I accepted the offer a 3 months ago, and been a consultant (contractor) at PIF for just over 2 months. Yestery they offer me to be a full time employee.

Has anyone gone through this process? What should I expect. Any advice will be highlly appreciated.
I'd expect someone to take a pay cut if they're on a day rate going permanent - depends on your current deal I suppose?
scrubbedexpat141 is offline  
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 8:04 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Taurus85's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2022
Location: Ireland
Posts: 40
Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF

My employer (constulting company) is still in negotiations with PIF about my conversion to FTE. Been 60 days since PIF approached me to ask if I was interested in becoming a FTE. I dont think I would accept an offer below my current pay.

Is anyone here that is a PIF FTE, kind enough to privately share some intel with me about what pay package to expect, as well as benefits?
Taurus85 is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2022, 1:14 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 7
WindowShopper88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF

Originally Posted by Taurus85
I got an offer 2 weeks ago to work at PIF. After some back and forth I managed to get a bump of 6.6% on their initial offer.

Packages includes:
- Salary
- Bonus
- Housing Allowance
- Flight Allowance
- Relocation
- Healthcare
- 25 Days Of Time Off
Hi,

Could you PM me further details on this package?
i.e
1. Bonus % of base?
2. Is the flight allowance reconciled as an expense?
3. What was the relocation allowance?
4. Was the housing allowance quoted as part of your entire package?



WindowShopper88 is offline  
Old Jan 11th 2023, 8:12 am
  #13  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 8
Wanderlust84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF

Originally Posted by WindowShopper88
Hi,

Could you PM me further details on this package?
i.e
1. Bonus % of base?
2. Is the flight allowance reconciled as an expense?
3. What was the relocation allowance?
4. Was the housing allowance quoted as part of your entire package?
Also super interested here. 2 kids. Housing and school are v costly
Wanderlust84 is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 1:27 am
  #14  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 18
rps323150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF

Hi guys

I am contemplating a VP role at PFI. The offer is as follows:
Base of SAR 55k per month which includes housing, etc+ annual bonus which is company policy+ 20K per annum school allowance

I would prefer to be benchmarked to the market- what do you'll guys feel about it? Any clarity would be highly appreciated.
I think it's on a low side- what should be an ideal number?

regards
rps323150 is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 2:35 am
  #15  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 8
Wanderlust84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PIF

Originally Posted by rps323150
Hi guys

I am contemplating a VP role at PFI. The offer is as follows:
Base of SAR 55k per month which includes housing, etc+ annual bonus which is company policy+ 20K per annum school allowance

I would prefer to be benchmarked to the market- what do you'll guys feel about it? Any clarity would be highly appreciated.
I think it's on a low side- what should be an ideal number?

regards
Really depends on your current finances. Where you are living and what you're getting paid/your experience. he way I'm thinking about it is I currently save $xx a year and I would want to save $yy to justify the move. When you say the 55k incldes housing what do you mean? you get 55k and free rent or you have to pay rent out of that 55. 20k won't make much of a dent in school fees. Also what do you mean bonus is company policy? I'm nervous about relying on a bonus to be in the money. Feel free to PM me
Wanderlust84 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.