Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Personal training in Dubai

Personal training in Dubai

Old Jan 3rd 2010, 4:48 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal training in Dubai

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
can someone please explain to me why they need a personal trainer? I've never understood it (no offence guys, but surely they cannot tell you anything google can't)
depends,

some people think its cool.
some people need the encouragement and motivation.
some people (me) get nutritional advice, targets, advice etc tailored to my specific goals and needs. You cant get this on google.
some people think its cool, an accessory, kinda like a maid or a driver

Its funny, cause some people do use a PT to tell them how to switch on a treadmil and walk for 20 minutes whilst reading the latest copy of Ahlan.

However as any PT will tell you, training for a specific sport requires a lot of encouragement, advice, training plans, sports injury advice, sports nutritional advice.

I would only go to a PT that is experienced in the specific sport that i take part in. Which is exactly what i do.

Last edited by commander; Jan 3rd 2010 at 4:51 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
depends,

some people think its cool.
some people need the encouragement and motivation.
some people (me) get nutritional advice, targets, advice etc tailored to my specific goals and needs. You cant get this on google.
some people think its cool, an accessory, kinda like a maid or a driver

Its funny, cause some people do use a PT to tell them how to switch on a treadmil and walk for 20 minutes whilst reading the latest copy of Ahlan.

However as any PT will tell you, training for a specific sport requires a lot of encouragement, advice, training plans, sports injury advice, sports nutritional advice.

I would only go to a PT that is experienced in the specific sport that i take part in. Which is exactly what i do.
got ya... I just had the image of a man in lyrca who demos the machine, while the middle aged women looks at his buttocks.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 5:33 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

got ya... I just had the image of a man in lyrca who demos the machine, while the middle aged women looks at his buttocks.
that covers about 98% of the cases
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people come to me because it gives them some structure, they come at the same time twice a week.
Most people who train on their own will stop before they have really pushed themselves, my job is to make sure that they get the best from their workout.

I don't do Cardio, I think it is a waste of a clients money to pay a P/t to stand beside them on a treadmill and tell them to do '10 more minutes" whilst the P/T wanders off for a coffee!

I also get referals from Osteopaths/Drs. for remedial work and sports injury recovery.
I don't have any "yummy mummies" ....well except MM lol!!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 7:55 am
banned

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
A lot of people come to me because it gives them some structure, they come at the same time twice a week.
Most people who train on their own will stop before they have really pushed themselves, my job is to make sure that they get the best from their workout.
l!!
Got to agree with this. Just having someone there does make a massive difference. And as you say training alone is quite frankly boring and people lose interest quickly.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Got to agree with this. Just having someone there does make a massive difference. And as you say training alone is quite frankly boring and people lose interest quickly.
*Patsy faints*
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I don't do Cardio, I think it is a waste of a clients money to pay a P/t to stand beside them on a treadmill and tell them to do '10 more minutes" whilst the P/T wanders off for a coffee!

I also get referals from Osteopaths/Drs. for remedial work and sports injury recovery.
I don't have any "yummy mummies" ....well except MM lol!!
Oh, this makes sense. I guess, the initial thought from my side when I hear "personal trainer" is the "10 more minutes man" who is busy just looking at himself in the mirror.

and totally agree, any form of gym based exercise on your own is very boring indeed. I go to the gym with my wife, without her I'd be forced to resort to the only solitary exercise I know of.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:05 am
banned

*Patsy faints*
i know, i know...
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:07 am
banned

i prefer the phrase 'coach' to Personal Trainer anyway..

mainly because of below:

I guess, the initial thought from my side when I hear "personal trainer" is the "10 more minutes man" who is busy just looking at himself in the mirror.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

i prefer the phrase 'coach' to Personal Trainer anyway..

mainly because of below:

I guess, the initial thought from my side when I hear "personal trainer" is the "10 more minutes man" who is busy just looking at himself in the mirror.
Not all personal trainers are men.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:55 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

*Patsy faints*
*BC faints too*
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not all personal trainers are men.
Of course not. I was using the generic. I would assume that a female trainer doesn't just gaze into the mirror but hangs around the water cooler waiting to be hit on.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Of course not. I was using the generic. I would assume that a female trainer doesn't just gaze into the mirror but hangs around the water cooler waiting to be hit on.
lol..I have a private gym and my clients hardly have time to breath.... never mind talk!!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 10:19 am
banned

lol..I have a private gym and my clients hardly have time to breath.... never mind talk!!
now, i could pass a smutty comment......na new years resolution=be nice
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
PATSY is a personal trainer, damn how comes noone ever told me...PATSY any chance of hiring you a few times a week over the next couple of months?
Will you pay the invoice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.