Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Personal training in Dubai

Personal training in Dubai

Old Dec 29th 2009, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

kevinm3104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Personal training in Dubai

I'm moving to Dubai at the end of January to start personal training, I was wondering if anyone on the forum had done the same and maybe could offer me some advice?

Kev
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:02 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal training in Dubai

are you going to be self-employed or have you secured a job somewhere?

Just wondering - and hopefully will get in before others shoot - cos there may be a few minor bits and bobs to consider, like set-up costs, visas, health insurance and how the heck are you planning to finance the whole kaboodle?!

I have a vague impression that you may not have done much research into the matter.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinm3104
I'm moving to Dubai at the end of January to start personal training, I was wondering if anyone on the forum had done the same and maybe could offer me some advice?

Kev
patsy stoned who posts on here is one of the top personal trainers in dubai and has been here for a number of years...sure she'll have some good advice for you...

MM, xx
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
are you going to be self-employed or have you secured a job somewhere?

Just wondering - and hopefully will get in before others shoot - cos there may be a few minor bits and bobs to consider, like set-up costs, visas, health insurance and how the heck are you planning to finance the whole kaboodle?!

I have a vague impression that you may not have done much research into the matter.
No not secured a job but have been in touch with a few companies who personal train will hopefully get work with them. The long term plan is to work for myself the short term plan is just to work for someone else until I can build up some of my own clients
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin, a couple of questions...is 1 of the companies you have been in touch with Fitness first? What are your qualifications? do you know somebody who will sponsor you?
There is a gym on beach road (opps you MM) and the guy there employs P/ts. But I haven't heard anything about him for a while.
Anyway when you get a couple more posts under your belt please feel free to PM me. I have been a self employed P/T here for 6 years, if I can help you or point you in the right direction I will.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Kevin, a couple of questions...is 1 of the companies you have been in touch with Fitness first? What are your qualifications? do you know somebody who will sponsor you?
There is a gym on beach road (opps you MM) and the guy there employs P/ts. But I haven't heard anything about him for a while.
Anyway when you get a couple more posts under your belt please feel free to PM me. I have been a self employed P/T here for 6 years, if I can help you or point you in the right direction I will.
Hi

Lol i know what you're gonna say about fitness first, had an inteview with them in the summer in Dubai I think he could tell I wasn't interested in the package they were offering.

I'm a level 3 PT plus ive got my boxercise, circuit training, nutrition and am ex military too I've not got a sponsor but I've been in touch with a few companies like core direction and fitness o2 so am hoping to secure some work with them when I arrive.

Yeah that would be great to get some advice thankyou, I shall be in touch

Kevin
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:50 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

there's a small Core Studio that's only just set up in Dubai Marina at the bottom of The Waves tower... I don't know if they'd be recruiting, but they've got a lot of members in a very short space of time.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
there's a small Core Studio that's only just set up in Dubai Marina at the bottom of The Waves tower... I don't know if they'd be recruiting, but they've got a lot of members in a very short space of time.
Thanks very much I'll check them out as soon as I arrive, Thanks
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

1 thing I would advise, make sure you have enough cash for setup fees etc and general living expenses to keep you 4 atleast 6months.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
1 thing I would advise, make sure you have enough cash for setup fees etc and general living expenses to keep you 4 atleast 6months.
Its unlikely that I'll have saved that much by the time I arrive more along the lines of 2 months. My job in the UK isnt well paid so Ive been saving as much as I can. I'm staying with a friend when I first arrive until I get my feet on the ground
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its unlikely that I'll have saved that much by the time I arrive more along the lines of 2 months. My job in the UK isnt well paid so Ive been saving as much as I can. I'm staying with a friend when I first arrive until I get my feet on the ground
Kevin, I have PM'd you
Old Dec 30th 2009, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Kev
i'm looking for a personal trainer - hit me up when you get here, as long as you can get access to a good gym, i'll hire ya.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
patsy stoned who posts on here is one of the top personal trainers in dubai and has been here for a number of years...sure she'll have some good advice for you...

MM, xx
PATSY is a personal trainer, damn how comes noone ever told me...PATSY any chance of hiring you a few times a week over the next couple of months?
Old Dec 30th 2009, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mission
PATSY is a personal trainer, damn how comes noone ever told me...PATSY any chance of hiring you a few times a week over the next couple of months?
Mission, right now I don't have any free spaces and I have a waiting list..PM me and tell me exactly what you are aiming for fitness wise and I can arrange a time for you to come and have a chat and then put you on my list. I may have an evening slot opening up soon.
Happy New Year.
xxx
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

can someone please explain to me why they need a personal trainer? I've never understood it (no offence guys, but surely they cannot tell you anything google can't)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.