Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

'pay & play' squash in Dubai?

'pay & play' squash in Dubai?

Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

shandolier is on a distinguished road
Default 'pay & play' squash in Dubai?

Anyone know of anywhere I can just pay for a squash court on an occasional basis in Dubai? I don't want to have to pay an extortionate fee to join a health club (I have free pool & gym access in my building) so just want to play squash now and then. Used to pay 50 Dirhams for 45 mins at the Ally Pally when I lived in Abu Dhabi but can't find anywhere like that here in Dubai.

I live in the marina so anywhere near there would be ideal. Or does anyone live in a building with a squash court and fancy a game? I'm not that good but enthusiastic!

Cheers!
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all
Default Re: 'pay & play' squash in Dubai?

Originally Posted by shandolier
Anyone know of anywhere I can just pay for a squash court on an occasional basis in Dubai? I don't want to have to pay an extortionate fee to join a health club (I have free pool & gym access in my building) so just want to play squash now and then. Used to pay 50 Dirhams for 45 mins at the Ally Pally when I lived in Abu Dhabi but can't find anywhere like that here in Dubai.

I live in the marina so anywhere near there would be ideal. Or does anyone live in a building with a squash court and fancy a game? I'm not that good but enthusiastic!

Cheers!
Not themarina end, but the aviation club in garhoud and the etisalat academy just the shj side of Dxb airport both allow pay and play, as far as I remember.
Ch
Old Apr 4th 2010, 2:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shandolier

Cheers!
Lakes Club offer this.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

AUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really nice

Hayya at Lakes, Meadows and Town Centre all have squash but require you to be signed in by a memnber, although occassional recently I have managed to sign in without a member, weekday rates 35dhs per person.
Alternatively just sneak on the courts at Marina Promenade, only ever been challenged once as to where I lived.