Reload this Page >

British Schools in Abu Dhabi

British Schools in Abu Dhabi

Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:14 am
Just Joined

VikasC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Schools in Abu Dhabi

Hi,

I am considering a move to Abu Dhabi and taking in alot of information that I have found on this site and others. As yet I have no real idea what area is best to live in. I am looking for somewhere that is reasonably close to where my office is (in Corniche - I think) and close to good British schools. I hear the traffic is a nightmare so trying to find a balance between the two.

Does anyone have or know where I can get a list of British Schools in Abu Dhabi and info on if they are good or not? Do they produce league tables or anything, as they do in the UK?

Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2010, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

kaz lou abu dhabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Schools in Abu Dhabi

The British international school abu dhabi, bisad. Live in al raha and use the saadiyat road to the corniche
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply - I will take a look
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

have u googled brit schs in abu dhabi, that would bring them all up. there are a few now. but getting in is another matter.

bsak, bisad, al yasmina, al muna, pearl, cambridge high school. or alternatively raha school and candian sch
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that - I had tried google but got an individual website for each school, so had no real idea (without going into each one) where each one was and if it was any good etc.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

nah if you find the right website it brings up all the schools in a list for abu dhabi, although you do have to go down and see which curriculum they are. what year group are you looking for as i think you will struggle big waiting lists for the younger ones, i would look at bisad, as that may be your best bet, because its a new school, but this year only goes up to year 8, added a year each year.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/schools-abu-dhabi.php

is a good start.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your help - we will be looking for a place in primary 1. I've heard waiting lists are bad, what would you say the average waiting time is? i.e How long in advance do I need to join a list in order to get a place for the next school year?

Thanks again
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There.

If you look into living in Al Raha Gardens area or Khalifa city A, you would be very close to Yasmina School, which is getting Excellent reviews.If you wanted to put your name down for Al Khubairat (BSAK) it's not a problem, but very long waiting lists are.

Your other alternatives are. Al Muna which is very near the corniche,The pearl Academy, again, not far from corniche.

If you are really struggling to find a place, other curriculums are similar, American, Canadian etc.

Wouldn't recommend Cambridge they ''teach to test''..which means teaching from a book, repetition, and then tested once a month, very little to no extra curricular activities..concrete colditz!

Have a look at Shiekh Zayed Academy..a lot of my KG2 children are getting thier places in Grade 1 ready, and this place keeps coming out top everytime, the parents are all raving about it, very well equipped and the fee's arent bad either.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by VikasC
Thanks for your help - we will be looking for a place in primary 1. I've heard waiting lists are bad, what would you say the average waiting time is? i.e How long in advance do I need to join a list in order to get a place for the next school year?

Thanks again
you cannot just join the wait list. i know for bsak nursery has 75 spots and they have filled them and also have stopped the waiting list at 120 more. aldar schools started taking applications in jan i think, bsak was feb. the younger years are the worse. i would ask for bisad, i have heard its pretty good for the younger years, not at all for the older ones as its a new school they will not be at capacity yet. some people have waited 14 months and then only been given a place a week before school started. but it all changes year to year. it may be better now as there are now other schools opened for primary years.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Arcadia
Hi There.

If you look into living in Al Raha Gardens area or Khalifa city A, you would be very close to Yasmina School, which is getting Excellent reviews.If you wanted to put your name down for Al Khubairat (BSAK) it's not a problem, but very long waiting lists are.

Your other alternatives are. Al Muna which is very near the corniche,The pearl Academy, again, not far from corniche.

If you are really struggling to find a place, other curriculums are similar, American, Canadian etc.

Wouldn't recommend Cambridge they ''teach to test''..which means teaching from a book, repetition, and then tested once a month, very little to no extra curricular activities..concrete colditz!

Have a look at Shiekh Zayed Academy..a lot of my KG2 children are getting thier places in Grade 1 ready, and this place keeps coming out top everytime, the parents are all raving about it, very well equipped and the fee's arent bad either.
this is primarily a girls school though, i think they now take younger boys but not all the way through.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

They Take boys up to grade five..the OP mentioned primary...
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

If you google The Sheikh Zayed Academy you will get all the Info you need. it's a fantastic school and the fees for Grade 1 to 4 are 35,000 Dhs. The children get a lovely breakfast and Lunch meal. They have excellent facilities, homework clubs etc..I was offered a job there last September teaching KG..I wish I had taken it now.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Arcadia
They Take boys up to grade five..the OP mentioned primary...
yes i know that she wanted primary, i was only saying that its was a girls sch but they now take younger boys, but couldnt remember to which grade.