Pajero servicing

Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pajero servicing

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
I will ask around, no problem. I believe they are part of a chain, they sell consumables to the mechanical / body repair world here as well as servicing. Unfortunately, what people do forget is, companies like Al Habtoor etc are main dealers and so their staff are trained SPECIFICALLY on your cars. That means any service faults that are logged with Mitsubishi (in this example) are sent out to Dealers who, if its a warranty fix, will then carry this work out for free while the vehicle is in. Rusty Spanner Inc do NOT have access to this info and so will do only what you ask, in a general mechanical knowledge way. [B]It depends if your happy saving some money but not actually having your car looked at properly, because that generally is the way here.
[/

Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

With all due respect, Pajero's don't have much of a resale value because the market has been flooded with them now. 99,000AED for a brand new, pretty much fully loaded Pajero these days. That's a lot of car for not a lot of money!!
I will stick it on Dubizzle and see, if it sells then it sells, if not then I keep it another year, not the end of the world.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
[/

Sorry, its a reality. I have visited these places and am amazed.......
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

I will stick it on Dubizzle and see, if it sells then it sells, if not then I keep it another year, not the end of the world.
It will sell, for sure! They are great cars / 4x4s if looked after and I will only ever by a 2nd hand car from an Ex-pat, after watching the locals doing burnouts and sitting at traffic lights bouncing the engine of the electronic rev limiter. It just depends on how nice yours is and if you price it sensibly, I guess.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I will ask around, no problem. I believe they are part of a chain, they sell consumables to the mechanical / body repair world here as well as servicing. Unfortunately, what people do forget is, companies like Al Habtoor etc are main dealers and so their staff are trained SPECIFICALLY on your cars. That means any service faults that are logged with Mitsubishi (in this example) are sent out to Dealers who, if its a warranty fix, will then carry this work out for free while the vehicle is in. Rusty Spanner Inc do NOT have access to this info and so will do only what you ask, in a general mechanical knowledge way. It depends if your happy saving some money but not actually having your car looked at properly, because that generally is the way here.
Dynatrade are the UAE's only authorized toyota service dealer or something. When we smacked it up it went to Al Fattain for repair... who farmed it to Dynatrade. The Dubai facility is fantastic.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:52 am
Concierge

alot of the older posters on this board will remember when I got her, I can't believe it is 4 years ago though! well looked after, NEVER been off road, low mileage, I am keeping my as would like a new one for Christmas
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you sell your Pajero, do you mind telling me how much the car went for?

I have another year/20K left on the warranty but once it expires I may sell the beast and downside to a smaller Audi A3. Or get another 4x4, possibly the Fortuner. I don't fancy having a car without a warranty out here.

If it's true that servicing costs for a Pajero is 2K AED and I average four servicing a year, that's 8K for the year and 16K over two years . If I sell my Pajero for say, 65K, add 16K to it, it tallies up to 81K which should be the price of a one-year old fully loaded fortuner with a couple years left on its warranty. Worth to make the move?

Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:01 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ethos83
If you sell your Pajero, do you mind telling me how much the car went for?

I have another year/20K left on the warranty but once it expires I may sell the beast and downside to a smaller Audi A3. Or get another 4x4, possibly the Fortuner. I don't fancy having a car without a warranty out here.

If it's true that servicing costs for a Pajero is 2K AED and I average four servicing a year, that's 8K for the year and 16K over two years . If I sell my Pajero for say, 65K, add 16K to it, it tallies up to 81K which should be the price of a one-year old fully loaded fortuner with a couple years left on its warranty. Worth to make the move?
it's not up for sale yet but I will let you know, in the last year since it came out of warranty I have spent 400 dhs on it, (oil change etc), and this service at the weekend. They aren't serviced 4 times a year unless you are doing a hell of a lot of mileage. Not keen on the fortuners, nowhere near as solid as the Pajero
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:20 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

How often do you service them? Aren't we supposed to do it every 5K?

I average 20K a year these days.

it's not up for sale yet but I will let you know, in the last year since it came out of warranty I have spent 400 dhs on it, (oil change etc), and this service at the weekend. They aren't serviced 4 times a year unless you are doing a hell of a lot of mileage. Not keen on the fortuners, nowhere near as solid as the Pajero
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
We just used Dynatrade for a full service on the Toyota. Fattain wanted 1900Dh, Dynatrade - 1000Dh - couldn't fault them really.

I saw Pajeros there too.

Bigtaff, I'd be keen to know your thoughts on them.
Just had a nose around their website. No mention of Toyota approval on there but maybe that's because Al Futtaim have an agreement with them. Apart from that, it was as I suspected, they are a large group selling parts plus also selling and servicing cars too. I will speak to some contacts but I've not heard anything bad about them so that's a good start
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:51 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ethos83
How often do you service them? Aren't we supposed to do it every 5K?

I average 20K a year these days.
I only have 47k on the clock!! that is why you are getting more services then
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Can I ask what is wrong with Fortuners, just for my own knowledge? They are based on the near indestructible Hilux so I THOUGHT they would be pretty good! Some of my friends use them for off roading in Abu Dhabi with no complaint but maybe they have just been lucky, up to now?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask what is wrong with Fortuners, just for my own knowledge? They are based on the near indestructible Hilux so I THOUGHT they would be pretty good! Some of my friends use them for off roading in Abu Dhabi with no complaint but maybe they have just been lucky, up to now?
I love mine. I'd say it is much better than my Pajero. The 'issue' some people have with them is that they are a bit plastically inside - but given that they are based on a workmans truck what do you expect.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

yeah, mechanically Fortuners are just as solid as Pajeros, you can't really go wrong with Japanese or German engineering. The only reason you'd choose a Pajero over a Fortuner would be the price, way it looks, the number of toys inside etc etc etc... reliability is the same in both.

If you want cheap repairs, get yourself some jackstands, a trolley jack and a socket set, download the service manual for your car, and do the work yourself... buy your parts online too! I went into Al Futtaim to get a price on a belt tensioner for my Jeep, they quoted me 800 dhs, I can get it online for 146 dhs + 39 dhs shipping... while I was in there an American guy came in, think he must have been new here, he asked about some part for an old Wrangler and when they told him their price he just got up and walked out
Old Nov 1st 2010, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
yeah, mechanically Fortuners are just as solid as Pajeros, you can't really go wrong with Japanese or German engineering. The only reason you'd choose a Pajero over a Fortuner would be the price, way it looks, the number of toys inside etc etc etc... reliability is the same in both.
But Pajeros are so darn ugly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.