Pajero servicing

Old Sep 14th 2010, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pajero servicing

The Pajero needs a service and a little maintenance (can't decide if it's the waterpump, the fan belt, or both).

In AD I used to put it though Bosch, is there a similar service centre in Dubai? (or a good cheaper one?)

I'm not using Mr. Al Habtoor.

Extra points if the garage will also give it some body love (i.e. a one where they repolish it, take off the concrete lumps and splashes and potential dust the deep scratches with paint)
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pajero servicing

Why are you dodging Al Habtoor? They were customers of mine not so long back (I work in the paint sector and was looking after Bentley) and seem very good in their field!

Apart from that, I can recommend a few garages around Dubai. PM me if interested and we can discuss
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:12 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
Why are you dodging Al Habtoor? They were customers of mine not so long back (I work in the paint sector and was looking after Bentley) and seem very good in their field! Apart from that, I can recommend a few garages around Dubai. PM me if interested and we can discuss
I guess that, like Al Futtaim Motors, they are ridiculously expensive. I would suggest driving along BMW Road in Sharjah, where there are plenty of repairers, or visit Al Quoz. Meanwhile, perhaps Bigtaff could name a few rather than keep such helpful info to himself and select posters.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

It wasn't that I wasn't trying to keep things to myself, only I didn't want to be seen as showing preference to anyone in particular as you never know who is looking (i.e a lot of managers in these places are Expats and they be on here, unknown to me). Anyone can PM me, I'm happy to help anyone where car reapirs are concerned.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't that I wasn't trying to keep things to myself, only I didn't want to be seen as showing preference to anyone in particular as you never know who is looking (i.e a lot of managers in these places are Expats and they be on here, unknown to me). Anyone can PM me, I'm happy to help anyone where car reapirs are concerned.
Thanks BT. My main concern with Al Habtoor is price.

My Pajero has taken a lot of pain over the years and so I don't really see the point in paying Al Habtoor prices for oil, plug and filter changes. Al Habtoor quoted 1700Dh last time for a major service while Bosch did it for 900Dh with a full engine flush for only 200dh.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Shehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Thanks BT. My main concern with Al Habtoor is price.

My Pajero has taken a lot of pain over the years and so I don't really see the point in paying Al Habtoor prices for oil, plug and filter changes. Al Habtoor quoted 1700Dh last time for a major service while Bosch did it for 900Dh with a full engine flush for only 200dh.
Yes, Al Habtoor are a rip off. Plus appallingly slow and non-responsive too.

I need to get my Pajero serviced too, been avoiding it a while as Al Habtoor is always a less than ideal experience. Have been using Al Habtoor for the past few years for both my cars, a bit daft as could have saved a fortune elsewhere, it seems!

Any suggestions/recommendations on cheaper but sensible alternatives would be very welcome indeed.

PS: normal oil & filter changes are best at one of the Emarat or Eppco petrol stations. Cheap, cheerful and most importantly: quick!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Can't complain about Habtoors. 5 flawless years of service on my Bentley.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

I think it depends on the brand driven, where that is concerned.

Bentley paintshop in Al Rashidiya are very good, generally.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think it depends on the brand driven, where that is concerned.

Bentley paintshop in Al Rashidiya are very good, generally.
I've just been quoted 1500Dh per panel for concrete removal and respray / fixing (over the phone, might be cheaper on site).

I used to pay my man in England 100quid a panel. That said, I think he only did my work as a decoy, I was convinced that he was part of a car-ringing gang. He didn't look like a nice man.

Given that I'm probably in for 7 panels it's pushing the value of the car!

Sharjarh back streets - here I come.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

I can also recommend places there too Or A.D for that matter.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a Bosch service centre on SZR near to 4x4 Motors and Exotic Cars
Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Any recommendations for engine repairs on Landcruisers, that might be less of a rip off then Al Futtaim ?

Most recent service cost me approx Dhs 15k....and that didn't include fixing the engine problem I asked them to fix (that would have entailed them stripping the engine completely to determine what was wrong and then fixing it...would have cost another 15k).
Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mogs
Any recommendations for engine repairs on Landcruisers, that might be less of a rip off then Al Futtaim ?

Most recent service cost me approx Dhs 15k....and that didn't include fixing the engine problem I asked them to fix (that would have entailed them stripping the engine completely to determine what was wrong and then fixing it...would have cost another 15k).
Bosch do repairs. Although they just quoted upwards of 1500Dh for a water pump. If I included the timing belt it was 3000Dh.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

JB22 is an unknown quantity at this point

On another note, what area of DXB would have all the 2nd hand dealer ships. Want to get a cheap 4x4 to protect my family from the all those careful and considerate drivers, yeah right. Don't want to spend a fortune to start with until we get settled. Don't really want to spend over £10K
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:25 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JB22
On another note, what area of DXB would have all the 2nd hand dealer ships. Want to get a cheap 4x4 to protect my family from the all those careful and considerate drivers, yeah right. Don't want to spend a fortune to start with until we get settled. Don't really want to spend over £10K
Al Awir is where most used car dealers are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.