Reload this Page >

Overnight stay in Bahrain airport

Overnight stay in Bahrain airport

Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Shhhhhh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overnight stay in Bahrain airport

Hi,
I'm usually sticking to the South-East-Asia and/or Australia part of the forum,but I will fly Gulfair this Friday with an evening arrival and early morning connecting flight, so dear forumers, if anyone has got a better idea than unrolling my mat in the prayer room, I am all ears.
Thanks in advance, guys.
PS: I'm on a limited budget, twas the cheapest flight I could get on that day.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of
Default Re: Overnight stay in Bahrain airport

Originally Posted by Shhhhhh
Hi,
I'm usually sticking to the South-East-Asia and/or Australia part of the forum,but I will fly Gulfair this Friday with an evening arrival and early morning connecting flight, so dear forumers, if anyone has got a better idea than unrolling my mat in the prayer room, I am all ears.
Thanks in advance, guys.
There is a Hotel inside the Airport, where you can rent a room for a decent price just for a couple of hours, get refreshed aso. Check out the airport webside. You have to book in advance.....
Old Nov 26th 2009, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thanks in advance, guys.
If you have (or can borrow) an Etihad gold card, the business lounge is great.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dilmun
There is a Hotel inside the Airport, where you can rent a room for a decent price just for a couple of hours, get refreshed aso. Check out the airport webside. You have to book in advance.....
A hotel? In Bahrain airport??

After using it for over 15 years, that's news to me.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
If you have (or can borrow) an Etihad gold card, the business lounge is great.
I always assumed Etihad used the 'Dilmun Lounge' (the general one for most airlines). If so, it's OK but nothing special.............
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi,
Thanks in advance, guys.
If you can get out of the airport, get a room at the Tylos Hotel.

After 17 posts in 19 months, it might do you good..........
Old Nov 27th 2009, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I always assumed Etihad used the 'Dilmun Lounge' (the general one for most airlines). If so, it's OK but nothing special.............
Actually, you might be right... I think I was on a gulf air flight when I used that lounge and so probably would have been in the gulf air lounge.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Dean
A hotel? In Bahrain airport??

After using it for over 15 years, that's news to me.
I don't know whether it's still there. But we spent there one night with our kids, while waiting for the connection flight. Must be 5-6 yrs. ago.....
Old Nov 27th 2009, 9:09 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dilmun
I don't know whether it's still there. But we spent there one night with our kids, while waiting for the connection flight. Must be 5-6 yrs. ago.....
Maybe the Movenpick (not in the airport, just next to it)?
Old Nov 27th 2009, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

There used to be a hotel in the airport but to be honest i haven't seen it recently. When they did the refit, either it relocated or closed.

GF lounge is great, but you have to be either travelling in Business, First or have a gold or silver card to get in.

If you have an American Express card you can use the Dilmun Lounge free of charge. Dilmun Lounge is also the lounge that you use when you are travelling with Etihad.

The Movenpick is the hotel just across the road from the airport but you will have to pass through immigration. http://http://www.moevenpick-hotels....n/overview.cfm
Old Nov 28th 2009, 2:27 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

You can also use the Dilmun lounge by paying 15BD entrance fee.....