British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Overnight stay in Bahrain airport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/overnight-stay-bahrain-airport-642123/)

Shhhhhh Nov 25th 2009 12:09 pm

Overnight stay in Bahrain airport

Hi,
I'm usually sticking to the South-East-Asia and/or Australia part of the forum,but I will fly Gulfair this Friday with an evening arrival and early morning connecting flight, so dear forumers, if anyone has got a better idea than unrolling my mat in the prayer room, I am all ears.
Thanks in advance, guys.
PS: I'm on a limited budget, twas the cheapest flight I could get on that day.

Dilmun Nov 26th 2009 9:38 am

Re: Overnight stay in Bahrain airport

Originally Posted by Shhhhhh (Post 8124074)
Hi,
I'm usually sticking to the South-East-Asia and/or Australia part of the forum,but I will fly Gulfair this Friday with an evening arrival and early morning connecting flight, so dear forumers, if anyone has got a better idea than unrolling my mat in the prayer room, I am all ears.
Thanks in advance, guys.

There is a Hotel inside the Airport, where you can rent a room for a decent price just for a couple of hours, get refreshed aso. Check out the airport webside. You have to book in advance.....

Millhouse Nov 26th 2009 2:35 pm

Hi,
Thanks in advance, guys.

If you have (or can borrow) an Etihad gold card, the business lounge is great.

The Dean Nov 26th 2009 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dilmun (Post 8126615)
There is a Hotel inside the Airport, where you can rent a room for a decent price just for a couple of hours, get refreshed aso. Check out the airport webside. You have to book in advance.....

A hotel? In Bahrain airport?? :confused:

After using it for over 15 years, that's news to me.

The Dean Nov 26th 2009 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8127135)
If you have (or can borrow) an Etihad gold card, the business lounge is great.

I always assumed Etihad used the 'Dilmun Lounge' (the general one for most airlines). If so, it's OK but nothing special.............

The Dean Nov 26th 2009 4:10 pm

Hi,
Thanks in advance, guys.

If you can get out of the airport, get a room at the Tylos Hotel.

After 17 posts in 19 months, it might do you good.......... :sneaky:

Millhouse Nov 27th 2009 7:45 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8127294)
I always assumed Etihad used the 'Dilmun Lounge' (the general one for most airlines). If so, it's OK but nothing special.............

Actually, you might be right... I think I was on a gulf air flight when I used that lounge and so probably would have been in the gulf air lounge.

Dilmun Nov 27th 2009 8:03 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8127292)
A hotel? In Bahrain airport?? :confused:

After using it for over 15 years, that's news to me.

I don't know whether it's still there. But we spent there one night with our kids, while waiting for the connection flight. Must be 5-6 yrs. ago.....

NorthernLad Nov 27th 2009 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Dilmun (Post 8128638)
I don't know whether it's still there. But we spent there one night with our kids, while waiting for the connection flight. Must be 5-6 yrs. ago.....

Maybe the Movenpick (not in the airport, just next to it)?

camel jockey Nov 27th 2009 6:13 pm

There used to be a hotel in the airport but to be honest i haven't seen it recently. When they did the refit, either it relocated or closed.

GF lounge is great, but you have to be either travelling in Business, First or have a gold or silver card to get in.

If you have an American Express card you can use the Dilmun Lounge free of charge. Dilmun Lounge is also the lounge that you use when you are travelling with Etihad.

The Movenpick is the hotel just across the road from the airport but you will have to pass through immigration. http://http://www.moevenpick-hotels....n/overview.cfm

Welivehere Nov 28th 2009 2:27 pm

You can also use the Dilmun lounge by paying 15BD entrance fee.....