Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Opticians and contact lenses

Opticians and contact lenses

Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Opticians and contact lenses

I have a contract with an English firm for my contact lenses which is about to end.
Can anyone recommend a good optician in Abu Dhabi. I want one that deals with contact lenses and glasses (need some new glasses - sat on them!)

Thanks in anticipation
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opticians and contact lenses

can't help, Chris, but will be v interested in the replies. I'm in the same situation - i cancelled my contact subscription when i came over here almost a year ago, carrying a 4-month stockpile I had built up... When I bought new contacts from an optician here they just didn't work - uncomfortable from the moment I put them in, plenty of water and worst of all, just didn't correct. I couldn't read my computer screen, nor even signposts on the road.

Funny thing is when I took the contacts back to the UK with me over Christmas my local optometrist there said they should be fine - prescription was correct, same manufacturer (Bausch and Lomb) I was using before, maybe it was just a bad batch. Then again he gave me some other bad news that I won't bore you with but long story short, I've been stuck with my glasses for too long now