Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Oil and Gas Question

Oil and Gas Question

Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:11 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oil and Gas Question

need to pick your brains people so thx in advance

who are the biggest say 5-10 oil and gas consultancys/services co.s in the region.

looking for co.s that do the following
Reservoir Appraisal and Characterisation
Commercial Evaluations
Full Field Management
Well Engineering and Wells Project Management
Business Re-engineering
Alternative Energy stuff, ie wind solar, carbon capture etc

yes i know there are literally hundreds globally but which ones have the biggest footprint in this region
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:56 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oil and Gas Question

Petrofac
Amec
Halliburton
Schlumberger
Worely Parsons
KBR
Fluor
Bechtel
Technip

You gave a very broad list of O & G activities, all the above specialize in one or more and are active in the ME area.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:06 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

brilliant thx. Yup all a bit broad. got a meeting with a potential client and i'm not sure exactly what it is they do...largely cos i dont think they know exactly what it is they do lol
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
Petrofac
Amec
Halliburton
Schlumberger
Worely Parsons
KBR
Fluor
Bechtel
Technip

You gave a very broad list of O & G activities, all the above specialize in one or more and are active in the ME area.
No Masdar?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:20 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
No Masdar?
Thanks - I was stuck trying to remember their name! They certainly have more "Green" involvement than the others - are a much newer UAE based outfit seem to be expanding geograpically - and probably best fit the description of not knowing exactly what they do!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:26 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
Thanks - I was stuck trying to remember their name! They certainly have more "Green" involvement than the others - are a much newer UAE based outfit seem to be expanding geograpically - and probably best fit the description of not knowing exactly what they do!
they are also largely full of shit and a nightmare to work with
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiva
they are also largely full of shit and a nightmare to work with

tell me more. I know someone who works for them, but he never says much.

I've often wondered what sort of person would live in Masdar City, this zero waste, zero carbon world where you have to leave your car outside