Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hungarian Grand Prix where to watch in Duabi

Hungarian Grand Prix where to watch in Duabi

Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Sean_f will become famous soon enough
Default Hungarian Grand Prix where to watch in Duabi

Hi I will be in Duabi while the Hungarian GP is happening any recomendations where I can watch it in a bar while enjoying a few cold ones.

cheers
Sean
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hungarian Grand Prix where to watch in Duabi

where will you be staying?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

I think the radisson media city shows the races
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
where will you be staying?

I am staying at the metropolitan on SHEIKH ZAYED ROAD not sure where that is but have been told it's a good hotel close to all I need.

Cheers
Sean
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sean_f
I am staying at the metropolitan on SHEIKH ZAYED ROAD not sure where that is but have been told it's a good hotel close to all I need.

Cheers
Sean
it will be shown in the Red Lion in the Hotel, check when you check in.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

it will be shown in the Red Lion in the Hotel, check when you check in.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out Blue Cat you are a star
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:38 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Sean_f
Thanks for taking the time to help me out Blue Cat you are a star
if it isn't on at the Red Lion, I would suggest the Boston Bar in the Jumeirah Rotana, about 10 minutes away by cab, ring them first.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:44 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

if it isn't on at the Red Lion, I would suggest the Boston Bar in the Jumeirah Rotana, about 10 minutes away by cab, ring them first.
Never been to the Red Lion bar but I love the Boston bar, other than its smokey at times
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:56 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by rowell
Never been to the Red Lion bar but I love the Boston bar, other than its smokey at times
my Dad is in the Boston every night, he is part of the fittings me thinks! I went to the opening of the Boston Bar!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

my Dad is in the Boston every night, he is part of the fittings me thinks! I went to the opening of the Boston Bar!
I remember the opening too! However have never taken to the place I am sorry to say. Food was good when the tall thin guy was the chef!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:07 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
I remember the opening too! However have never taken to the place I am sorry to say. Food was good when the tall thin guy was the chef!
he left years ago, I don't go there often these days, used to use it more when we lived down there
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

The Aussie bar in Rydges Plaza is a good place to go to watch a GP race - you'll often find the guys from the Victory power boat team in there (a lot of them are ex-F1 engineers).

Oh, and watch out for Alonso and Hamilton this w/end - it's going to be an interesting second half of the season, I reckon.....
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the help everyone I ended up watching it in the crown plaza (Harvester) but stayed sober all day which is hard when you are only out of Saudi for 6 days but when I got to the bar just on 4pm start time I was told that I could only have soft drinks till 6pm the whole duration of the race it is some new thing in Dubai and happens every sunday now is this the truth I was told it had only been in force a week so was a little disappointed as I had done well to stay away from the bars all day long.

once again thanks to all who too the time to answer.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Ah yes, the new, old rule they are enforcing again. Seems to apply to non-beachside bars, although as mentioned on an earlier thread Boston Bar was unaffected.