Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

No response from Recuitment Agencies

No response from Recuitment Agencies

Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:37 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No response from Recuitment Agencies

Originally Posted by RecessionRun
Spugsy your a fountain of knowledge on here, really man, great for the info! I'm booking a flight in the next few days to go out to dubai for the 4/5th of Dec until the 17th of Dec...I've one interview set up through a contact from home who is out there and another possible few.

In one of your blogs you mentioned sending your cover letter to a guy could I possible get to have a look as well, please!
Dear (find out the contact and put in here),

Please find attached my CV for consideration for any available Artworker positions you may currently have within your organisation.

My knowledge includes 15 years commercial studio experience, including 8 years in an agency environment, gained in increasingly challenging roles. I am an enthusiastic, self motivated professional Heavyweight Artworker with excellent technical skills and sound working knowledge of industry standard design packages together with the ability to manage projects from concept to completion.

I would be grateful if you would consider my CV for any client requirements that match my skills and experience. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss any potential roles with you in person and will be in Dubai from the 17th to the 24th of October if this is convenient.

Below is a link to download my portfolio for you to view.

http://download.yousendit.com/xxxxxxx

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Spugsy McSpugsaroo (put your name here obv)
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:38 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rizzy73
Hi could you please PM me a copy of your cover letter to please.

Should your cv be three pages or less?

Thanks

Raz
cover letter below, cv never more than 3 pages.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by lindsayg
Like others here, I've been trying sending my CV, with no response.

Of course, now I read this thread (thanks very much for it, by the way), I realise I need to start again from scratch and DO IT PROPERLY!

But can I ask - have any of you been trying with Bayt.com, or TeleportmyCV?

I'm getting the impression that they are both *rubbish*. On the other hand, I'm not finding any other agencies it might be worth making the effort with - either here or there.

FYI: I'm a television professional, working in journalism production. But, I want to get out of that, preferably into writing copy, marketing or online News. (I have some stuff published already in all three.) And I have a background in secretarial and temping, so might be able to fall back on that.
re-read this thread petal, all agencies are a total and utter waste of time, you need to do some detective work and find out companies and if possible contacts yourself, email your cv and cover letter then ring them 2 or 3 days later.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Thanks but would you still forward your passport details to a recruitment company based in sri-lanka, what would you do if you was in my position?
If its a stupid question im sorry. It would be ok and sure if i passed it to a potential employer
I've done it, and it may seem a bit odd, but it's fine.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:20 am
Just Joined

rizzy73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Could you please send me a copy of your covering letter please.

You can send it to xxxxxxxxx

Your help is very much appreciated.

Raz

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 5th 2008 at 10:49 am. Reason: For privacy reasons please don't put your email address on the forum
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:24 am
why ayeeeee man!

Hi

Could you please send me a copy of your covering letter please.

You can send it to xxxxxxxx

Your help is very much appreciated.

Raz
thats it just above, post #46

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 5th 2008 at 10:50 am. Reason: email address removed from quote
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:36 am
Just Joined

RecessionRun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Dear (find out the contact and put in here),

Please find attached my CV for consideration for any available Artworker positions you may currently have within your organisation.

My knowledge includes 15 years commercial studio experience, including 8 years in an agency environment, gained in increasingly challenging roles. I am an enthusiastic, self motivated professional Heavyweight Artworker with excellent technical skills and sound working knowledge of industry standard design packages together with the ability to manage projects from concept to completion.

I would be grateful if you would consider my CV for any client requirements that match my skills and experience. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss any potential roles with you in person and will be in Dubai from the 17th to the 24th of October if this is convenient.

Below is a link to download my portfolio for you to view.

http://download.yousendit.com/xxxxxxx

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Spugsy McSpugsaroo (put your name here obv)
Thanks a million for your reply, you waste no time, Thanks again. Cheers P