Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Next UK travel review date

Next UK travel review date

Old Jun 29th 2021, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next UK travel review date

Originally Posted by Scamp
We're now looking at Malta as an option as UK family can get there to see us as well.

I honestly think it'll go amber before we travel though, so tempted to **** them all off and go somewhere else we don't have to worry about them joining us.
Not withstanding that they have already changed the rules in Malta for receiving brits.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 9:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Not withstanding that they have already changed the rules in Malta for receiving brits.
Yeah, I said a few posts ago I'd seen something on it but I haven't actually looked so it may be changes on changes for all I know! It's her job tonight to find and sort our options for holidays whilst I cheer Engerland on to another tournament defeat to Ze Germans.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I said a few posts ago I'd seen something on it but I haven't actually looked so it may be changes on changes for all I know! It's her job tonight to find and sort our options for holidays whilst I cheer Engerland on to another tournament defeat to Ze Germans.
Ive just submitted a request to the Malta covid vetting team seeking clarity on the rules arriving from here. Reading through the rules it should be OK but they seem picky about the documentation (and apps) for tests and vaccinations.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Kinko is an unknown quantity at this point

UKMS According to https://deputyprimeminister.gov.mt/e...es/travel.aspx , those travelling from Malta's amber listed countrieswho have resided there for a minimum of 14 days, should present:
- A negative 72 hour nasopharyngeal RT-PCR test result (age 5 and over)
or
- A valid official Maltese vaccination certificate (age 12 and over) or an EU Digital COVID vaccine certificate.

I don't think UAE Covid vaccination cards will be accepted anywhere in Europe
Old Jul 1st 2021, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kinko
UKMS According to https://deputyprimeminister.gov.mt/e...es/travel.aspx , those travelling from Malta's amber listed countrieswho have resided there for a minimum of 14 days, should present:
or
- A valid official Maltese vaccination certificate (age 12 and over) or an EU Digital COVID vaccine certificate.

I don't think UAE Covid vaccination cards will be accepted anywhere in Europe
ok cheers ….. so looking at that the current requirement is a negative PCR which we need to fly with Emirates anyway
Old Jul 1st 2021, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

UKMS I don't think UAE Covid vaccination cards will be accepted anywhere in Europe
The UK accepted my KSA vaccine proof and gave me the second Jab. When I returned to KSA they accepted the UK one. I had to screen shot the KSA 1st Jab proof and email it to my GP to update the NHS record accordingly. Similarly I had to PDF my UK 2nd Jab record and upload it on the MoH site to update their records. All very above board, lots of hard working people just doing their best.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HiHo
The UK accepted my KSA vaccine proof and gave me the second Jab. When I returned to KSA they accepted the UK one. I had to screen shot the KSA 1st Jab proof and email it to my GP to update the NHS record accordingly. Similarly I had to PDF my UK 2nd Jab record and upload it on the MoH site to update their records. All very above board, lots of hard working people just doing their best.
Thank you, @HiHo for sharing. That's great to hear.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

The Emirates flight from Dubai to Malta makes one stop of 1hr 20 mns in Cyprus. I expect that those heading to Malta won't be asked to get off the plane as one plane reference is shown for the entire journey.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

From Wednesday, Malta is banning all visitors unless they are doubly vaccincated, showing the Green EU Vaccination certificate. No other issued certificate will be recognised...
I was expecting it...
My flight was this Thursday, I booked a flat in Malta along with my flights back to London. Don't know now how much refund, if any, I'll get
Old Jul 9th 2021, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

From Wednesday, Malta is banning all visitors unless they are doubly vaccincated, showing the Green EU Vaccination certificate. No other issued certificate will be recognised...
I was expecting it...
My flight was this Thursday, I booked a flat in Malta along with my flights back to London. Don't know now how much refund, if any, I'll get
do you have a source for this ?
Old Jul 9th 2021, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is the current published advice by Malta Government….

In case of passengers arriving from countries/regions in Malta's Amber list, who have resided in an Amber country/region for a minimum of 14 days:
or
- A valid official Maltese vaccination certificate
or - “NHS COVID Pass “– NHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination record – full course of vaccination with 14 days after last dose
or
“EU Digital COVID Certifcate (Vaccination Certifcate)“- for all EU Member States and Switzerland from 9th July 2021 - full course of vaccination with 14 days after last dose

Last edited by UKMS; Jul 9th 2021 at 5:08 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

I read the announcement first in BBC which did not give enough details as in https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL5N2OL3T9
Old Jul 9th 2021, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I read the announcement first in BBC which did not give enough details as in https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL5N2OL3T9
thanks for posting …… ill start looking for a plan B ….. fortunately everything for our Malta trip is fully refundable…… I’ll wait to see the formal details from Malta government before cancelling anything as there maybe detail missing from those quotes.
Old Jul 11th 2021, 6:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Malta's off the list then.
Fully expect the Balearics to move with an update later this week.

Spain for a couple of weeks it is then, we're going to bin off the idea of a few days in Blighty.
Old Jul 11th 2021, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Malta's off the list then.
Fully expect the Balearics to move with an update later this week.

Spain for a couple of weeks it is then, we're going to bin off the idea of a few days in Blighty.
I called Emirates yesterday about Malta and they still insist it’s OK and that UAE vaccine certs are accepted….. their advice online will be updated to reflect this.

Ive read lots of the stuff published by Malta government so far and it’s still ambiguous and a lot of it hasn’t yet been updated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.