Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Next UK travel review date

Next UK travel review date

Old Jun 20th 2021, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

cookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of light
Default Next UK travel review date

My expectations on the UK travel announcement are fairly low, but hoping (if hoping for hassle free travel is permitted by the government) the government surprises positively on Qatar moving to amber. Do we know when the update for the red/ amber / green list is scheduled?

I can see two dates being thrown around in various newspapers of 24th and 28th June. I cannot find a formal announcement by the government about the next date. I am looking to book tickets for early July so wondering if it is worth waiting for a few days in case there are positive developments.
Old Jun 20th 2021, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

SandyMcSand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Next UK travel review date

No idea. We’ve cancelled our planned trip back.

With DXB reopening to India, I don’t hold much hope for the U.K. now shifting Dubai/UAE to amber or green as one of their apparent reasons for the res status was the high transit traffic.

But I’m hoping it happens soon.
Old Jun 20th 2021, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SandyMcSand
No idea. We’ve cancelled our planned trip back.

With DXB reopening to India, I don’t hold much hope for the U.K. now shifting Dubai/UAE to amber or green as one of their apparent reasons for the res status was the high transit traffic.

But I’m hoping it happens soon.
No quarantine restrictions in Dubai could be the reason for the impasse. And last year the only folk not requiring a PCR test to board flights back to the UAE were Emiratis, perhaps another sticking point if the UK requires a negative PCR for all passengers departing UK.
Old Jun 21st 2021, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

DXB is only open to returning Indian UAE residents who are fully vaccinated.........

The only good news ive seen coming out of the UK is the prospect of no quarantine if you are vaccinated coming from an Amber country making a 10 day hop via amber a little less painful
Old Jun 21st 2021, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 95% sure that such a rule would exclude people vaccinated with Sinopharm
Old Jun 21st 2021, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
Agreed, I think it will just be the UK approved vaccines ATM
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 6:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Surely anyone who had Sino is now getting AZ / Pfizer as a matter of urgency if they haven't already?

As a side note, we're planning a European holiday, then when time has passed, she'll got to the UK and I'll come back here.

The only risk we see is Dubai shutting borders, but the likelihood of that is slim. Worst case, she'll have to come back via a 3rd party as well.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
Surely anyone who had Sino is now getting AZ / Pfizer as a matter of urgency if they haven't already?

As a side note, we're planning a European holiday, then when time has passed, she'll got to the UK and I'll come back here.

The only risk we see is Dubai shutting borders, but the likelihood of that is slim. Worst case, she'll have to come back via a 3rd party as well.
I’m pretty sure that officially you can only get Pfizer after 6 months from last Sino shot unless it’s at the direction of a doctor for medical reasons ….. a colleague registered for his via DHA app which allowed the appointment but he was then turned away at the vaccine centre.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 7:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by UKMS
I’m pretty sure that officially you can only get Pfizer after 6 months from last Sino shot unless it’s at the direction of a doctor for medical reasons ….. a colleague registered for his via DHA app which allowed the appointment but he was then turned away at the vaccine centre.
**** me. Very pleased I never bothered with it now. What a shambles.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Well, funny you ask. Many of us managed to get our 1x Pfizer dose only to find that DOH is refusing to administer the second dose and instead is treating the 1x Pfizer as a booster to the Sinopharm. So now we're stuck in limbo with a single dose that is not recognised anywhere in the world.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 8:55 am
Account Closed

Well, funny you ask. Many of us managed to get our 1x Pfizer dose only to find that DOH is refusing to administer the second dose and instead is treating the 1x Pfizer as a booster to the Sinopharm. So now we're stuck in limbo with a single dose that is not recognised anywhere in the world.
What a shit show,
I wonder if admitting defeat on the sino vaccines would mean the count drops significantly or if the AZ/Pfizer doses have since caught up.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

The only upside to all of this is that my antibody count went from zero post-Sinopharm to absolutely bananas post Pfizer first dose.

Edit: as apparently the National has just reported: https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/...gist-1.1247155

Last edited by csdf; Jun 23rd 2021 at 9:21 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Got my Double Jamaican...

BLOODCLOT Astra Zeneca

Now need to get my NHS certificate attested ahead of a potential trip to KSA in a few months time (thanking BE forum for the advice in another thread)
Old Jun 24th 2021, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Originally Posted by UKMS
Seemingly you can get it as long as you made your appointment for Pfizer before they changed the rules. I got my 1st Pfizer dose yesterday having had my 2nd Sinopharm dose in February. That seems to suggest the introduction of the 6 month restriction may not be for medical reasons. They also gave me an appointment for 2nd dose so hopefully I'll be allowed to do it as this 2 x Sino + 1 x Pfizer cocktail has absolutely no merit in any other country and possibly having the 1st Pfizer dose in UAE but missing the date range for the 2nd dose may exclude you from having the 2 x Pfizer shots later on.[img]chrome-extension://pccckmaobkjjboncdfnnofkonhgpceea/images/loading.gif[/img]
Old Jun 24th 2021, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Having an appointment for the 2nd dose is no guarantee - in my and many other's cases they simply refused to honour the second appointment. That said, it seems to depend who gives you the first dose - as long as it wasn't a SEHA clinic, people seem to be fine getting their second Pfizer. Which is even more infuriating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.