Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New medical tests for residency

New medical tests for residency

Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:28 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New medical tests for residency

Originally Posted by MacScot
I presumed you were alluding to the syphilis test?
Update...

According to what's happening in Australia syphilis is on the increase with new cases doubling every 6 months. See article below:

"Syphilis is a sexually transmissible infection (STI) caused by a bacterium called Treponema pallidum and can affect both men and women. Since 2002, the number of people with infectious syphilis in Victoria has increased steadily, with the rate of new diagnoses doubling every six to nine months. Almost all recent cases have been in gay men. Blood tests will show if a person has the infection.

You can catch syphilis through oral, vaginal or anal sex with a person who has the infection. It is transmitted through skin-to-skin contact with an infected area. Syphilis is highly contagious when the sore or rash is present. Pregnant women who have syphilis can pass on the infection to their unborn baby. It can also be transmitted by blood transfusion"

I suppose the UAE authorities do not want this infection entering or spreading in the country.. so its a preventative measure.

http://news.oneindia.in/2008/07/01/u...214886803.html
Ewwwwww too much detail!......
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Marco78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alexalexa
do we have to do those tests in our home country or once we arrived in the UAE?

does that mean my husband can't start to work right away since the labour card will only be issued after completion of those tests?
My employer asked me to do the tests in my home country before arriving in the UAE, since it's a precondition to obtain my work permit. I hope not they will ask me to do the tests again when in the UAE...
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Nav_72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Erm - you don't think they actually extract it from your arse using their hands, do you?
OMG - they actually extract it using their hands !!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Ive never had a chest xray - is this only for employment and not resident visas?
why do you only have a residence visa and not an employment visa?
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
could anyone tell me what you could possible find in a stool sample that would be medically of interest that you couldn't find in a urine or blood sample?

apart from what you had for lunch of course...
colonic based parasites and semen
Old Jul 25th 2008, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

diver2812 is just really nicediver2812 is just really nicediver2812 is just really nicediver2812 is just really nicediver2812 is just really nicediver2812 is just really nicediver2812 is just really nicediver2812 is just really nice

Originally Posted by admon
could anyone tell me what you could possible find in a stool sample that would be medically of interest that you couldn't find in a urine or blood sample?

apart from what you had for lunch of course...
I had to have a chest X-Ray back in the 80's when I was in the Police. The blood analysis make sense if the authorities want to keep HIV, etc, at bay. Maybe the urine analysis is for drugs, though that would normally show up in the blood, whats next...hair, as drugs can be detected in hair long after its out of the blood and urine?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Marco78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by benzonar
colonic based parasites and semen
exactly
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:30 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marco78
I hope not they will ask me to do the tests again when in the UAE...
Well the way round that is to carry a spare shit about with you and hand it in when they ask.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt have the chest x-ray for my first visa here (test done in Deira) but did have it done for my second one which was done in Jebel Ali.

Depends really where you go for it. Many places won't bother with it for European expats.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

mariang is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband had his medical today - only blood test and chest x ray...