Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New fatwa (on football!!!!)

New fatwa (on football!!!!)

Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

darwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant future
Default New fatwa (on football!!!!)

A Saudi sheikh has just issued a fatwa (religious edict) on football. It says that playing footy is sinful in Islam if it does not abide by certain rules.

And the rules?

1. That players should not wear T-shirts with numbers on them, trousers, or shorts, and only play with their sleeping clothes, as wearing the previously mentioned items would be copying the infidels.
2. That there be three periods instead of two, so that it would not comply with the international standards of soccer set by the infidels.
3. That players should spit in the face of the striker if he rejoices in scoring a goal in the opposing team’s net, as the purpose of the game is to be fit only, not for rejoicing in scoring.
4. The utterance of all words such as “foul�, “penalty�, “out�, and others is sinful since they are made up by the infidels who set soccer rules. There should also not be a crowd watching or cheering the game.

Hahaha!! I wonder what FIFA would make of his proposals?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:08 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New fatwa (on football!!!!)

Hmmm. I'm unconvinced that this is for real...
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:46 pm
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

I very much dout it is real.. even if it was.. it is one foolish satement from somebody with an attitude problem.. way out of charater with Islam.. I can confidently say that the rest of the scholars and mislims will disagree...
tell this man to chill out .. and have a on me..
ZooZ
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ZooZ
I very much dout it is real.. even if it was.. it is one foolish satement from somebody with an attitude problem.. way out of charater with Islam.. I can confidently say that the rest of the scholars and mislims will disagree...
tell this man to chill out .. and have a on me..
ZooZ
Imams and Mullahs issue Fatwas.And not all Muslims abide by all Fatwas.
And something like this,even if it was true,Noone would think that it will be taken into consideration.....

How are you Zooz?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

I've just issued a fatwa against this thread.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
I've just issued a fatwa against this thread.
wish i knew how all the karma stuff worked in cyber space, would definitely send some your way!
Old Sep 7th 2005, 5:28 am
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shoushou
Imams and Mullahs issue Fatwas.And not all Muslims abide by all Fatwas.
And something like this,even if it was true,Noone would think that it will be taken into consideration.....

How are you Zooz?
Hey ShooShoo..
I am well.. just got back from a w/e away.. Thanks for the k on Atlantis.... nice to have some of your thoughts appreciated..

and true... Let is be declared that on behalf of the muslims within 1000miles radius from me.. I agree with BurpusMe fatwa and we are all followers... if anybody disagree.. speak now or let BurpusMe fatwa be the law..

ZooZ
Old Sep 9th 2005, 4:42 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darwinlad
A Saudi sheikh has just issued a fatwa (religious edict) on football. It says that playing footy is sinful in Islam if it does not abide by certain rules.

And the rules?

1. That players should not wear T-shirts with numbers on them, trousers, or shorts, and only play with their sleeping clothes, as wearing the previously mentioned items would be copying the infidels.
2. That there be three periods instead of two, so that it would not comply with the international standards of soccer set by the infidels.
3. That players should spit in the face of the striker if he rejoices in scoring a goal in the opposing team’s net, as the purpose of the game is to be fit only, not for rejoicing in scoring.
4. The utterance of all words such as “foul‿, “penalty‿, “out‿, and others is sinful since they are made up by the infidels who set soccer rules. There should also not be a crowd watching or cheering the game.

Hahaha!! I wonder what FIFA would make of his proposals?
Just ban the game, then perhaps I could get a quiet pint in Dubai without 17 tv sets in my face...........
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:14 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of football everyoone will be chasing Clerics if they ever do that or the worse comes to worse everyone will convert to Buddism.