Reload this Page >

NEOM - Degree Exemption Letter

NEOM - Degree Exemption Letter

Old Jun 28th 2023, 5:48 am
Just Joined

AussyheadingtoSaudi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: NEOM - Degree Exemption Letter

Originally Posted by aussie_in_saudi
Hi all, I've got an exemption letter from Neom and managed to get my visa. Just want to check if any of you have managed to get sponsored visas for your family with an exemption letter? My degree attestation will unfortunately take more time and I would like to get my family in KSA as soon as possible. From most forums I can see that degree attestation is a requirement for family visas but I don't know if that has changed. I am assuming if individual visas are being issued through degree exemption letters, family visas should too? Let me know if anyone has any insights on this. Thanks
Interested in the exemption letter, i have a grad diploma. Suspect i may need a letter? Who do they need to request this from within NEOM?
anychance you DM me please
Old Jun 28th 2023, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM - Degree Exemption Letter

See my post above. If you actually need an exemption, that’s not done until after you arrive but make sure everyone in your recruitment chain knows that it’s required so it’s not a surprise later on.

As for the family visa, I’m afraid not. The exemption letter isn’t quite what it sounds like. They already have the authority to get workers visas without attested degrees - the exemption in this case is effectively you signing to say that you accept certain things that come with not having an attested degree. The main one being that you can’t sponsor your family for residency and therefore they wouldn’t be eligible for the resident benefits that they would otherwise get.

As was posted on the other thread, they can still come over on a tourist visa, but wouldn’t be able to work, open a bank account, drive, etc and wouldn’t be eligible for the in country benefits that a resident spouse would get.
Old Jun 28th 2023, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Thank you!!

Does anybody have an example of the 2 letters from NEOM? And who or where is this requested at NEOM, as my HR contact doesnt know about this as an option.

Would anybody have had any luck getting a Graduate Diploma Attested, considering i dont have a Bach deree, would it be possible?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 29th 2023 at 5:25 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2023, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey mate,
I am from Aussie too. Why do you need an exemption letter if you have a grad diploma? Whats your field?

Last edited by Sam1980; Jul 7th 2023 at 1:25 am.
Old Jul 7th 2023, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AussyheadingtoSaudi
Thank you!!

Does anybody have an example of the 2 letters from NEOM? And who or where is this requested at NEOM, as my HR contact doesnt know about this as an option.

Would anybody have had any luck getting a Graduate Diploma Attested, considering i dont have a Bach deree, would it be possible?

I think people are getting confused and it's probably because of the similarity in name - also, I think the procedures have changed over the past 6-12 months. This is my understanding of how it works currently.

There are two letters that do very different things - actually, they are forms rather than letters, both essentially involving you signing to say you agree with what the letter says.

The first one, is a degree exCEPtion letter. NEOM has a Royal Decree which allows it to sponsor employees for residency even if they don't have a degree - having a degree is usually a government requirement for residency, but the delays in getting attestation were so long, it was dragging the already lengthy hiring process out even longer. As such, NEOM employees don't need to get their degrees attested prior to getting a work visa. Of course, they still require you to have a degree in most cases, however there are some with no degrees or who have degrees that the SACB won't attest (any with an online component), but I'll come on to that. The exCEPtion letter is actually just a form that you will sign to say that you understand that by you getting a visa without an attested degree, you still agree to the requirement to provide an attested degree within 3 months of your arrival. If you fail to do so, then it's up to your sector / HR to decide what to do with you if it's not something they have already agreed to - ie if you said you have a degree, but then it turns out its fake or something.

The second letter people seem to be talking about is the degree exEMPtion later. Similarly, this is't really a letter as much as it is a form that you sign to say that you agree to the restrictions that being granted residency without an attested degree comes with - the main one being that you cannot sponsor your family for residency down the line - they can still come in on tourist visas, but will not be eligible for any of the benefits that a resident would get, they cannot work and they have to leave after a period of time. I believe (but don't quote me), that children may not be eligible for the school either. This route is vey much not the norm - you are expected to have a degree. I'm getting out of my swim lane as I'm not in recruitment, but some people have had agreements with their sectors that they are suitably qualified / experienced in other ways and so the company still wants them, only then can they be granted any exemption. The same applies if your degree is from the OU, or was done distance learning etc. The key point for an exemption is letting your recruiter, onboarder and future managers know that this will be required, ESPECIALLY if you have no degree at all - it's less of an issue for the distance learning ones.

So to summarise - there are two different 'letters' that people are talking about, but neither of them are actually letters. They are just employment forms that you as an employee have to agree to depending on your situation. You don't need either of them to get your visa as NEOM has that Royal Decree and your visa agents should be aware of this.
Old Jul 9th 2023, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Diplo;[url=tel:13202385
13202385[/url]]I think people are getting confused and it's probably because of the similarity in name - also, I think the procedures have changed over the past 6-12 months. This is my understanding of how it works currently.

There are two letters that do very different things - actually, they are forms rather than letters, both essentially involving you signing to say you agree with what the letter says.

The first one, is a degree exCEPtion letter. NEOM has a Royal Decree which allows it to sponsor employees for residency even if they don't have a degree - having a degree is usually a government requirement for residency, but the delays in getting attestation were so long, it was dragging the already lengthy hiring process out even longer. As such, NEOM employees don't need to get their degrees attested prior to getting a work visa. Of course, they still require you to have a degree in most cases, however there are some with no degrees or who have degrees that the SACB won't attest (any with an online component), but I'll come on to that. The exCEPtion letter is actually just a form that you will sign to say that you understand that by you getting a visa without an attested degree, you still agree to the requirement to provide an attested degree within 3 months of your arrival. If you fail to do so, then it's up to your sector / HR to decide what to do with you if it's not something they have already agreed to - ie if you said you have a degree, but then it turns out its fake or something.

The second letter people seem to be talking about is the degree exEMPtion later. Similarly, this is't really a letter as much as it is a form that you sign to say that you agree to the restrictions that being granted residency without an attested degree comes with - the main one being that you cannot sponsor your family for residency down the line - they can still come in on tourist visas, but will not be eligible for any of the benefits that a resident would get, they cannot work and they have to leave after a period of time. I believe (but don't quote me), that children may not be eligible for the school either. This route is vey much not the norm - you are expected to have a degree. I'm getting out of my swim lane as I'm not in recruitment, but some people have had agreements with their sectors that they are suitably qualified / experienced in other ways and so the company still wants them, only then can they be granted any exemption. The same applies if your degree is from the OU, or was done distance learning etc. The key point for an exemption is letting your recruiter, onboarder and future managers know that this will be required, ESPECIALLY if you have no degree at all - it's less of an issue for the distance learning ones.

So to summarise - there are two different 'letters' that people are talking about, but neither of them are actually letters. They are just employment forms that you as an employee have to agree to depending on your situation. You don't need either of them to get your visa as NEOM has that Royal Decree and your visa agents should be aware of this.

Thank you Diplo.
I discussed the above in detail with my HR REP yesterday. They had sought internal advice over the past week.
The update that was provided yesterday is that the Exemption Letter was halted as of a month or so back - NEOM now no longer offer these.

Hoping anybody has any further updates or options?
Old Jul 10th 2023, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

drMobas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AussyheadingtoSaudi
Thank you Diplo.
I discussed the above in detail with my HR REP yesterday. They had sought internal advice over the past week.
The update that was provided yesterday is that the Exemption Letter was halted as of a month or so back - NEOM now no longer offer these.

Hoping anybody has any further updates or options?
It still exists, but needs to be justified. I am getting my done as I have studied in an international campus and not accepted by the UK cultural bureau.
Old Jul 25th 2023, 12:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by drMobas;[url=tel:13202913
13202913[/url]]It still exists, but needs to be justified. I am getting my done as I have studied in an international campus and not accepted by the UK cultural bureau.
Did you have any luck with your letter?
Old Aug 7th 2023, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Word from Neom new policy, no further exemptions even for online Masters degrees.

Hopefully this new policy changes in the future.
For many is an end of the road situation.. Going back to uni fulltime late in life in not an option with full time role and kids.
Old Aug 7th 2023, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

JCH99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be heading to Neom in September and my wife will leave her job to come with me. Will she be able to get a (EA/admin) job at Neom or in KSA? She doesn't have a degree.
Old Sep 11th 2023, 11:09 am
Just Joined

bobdbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Webby1966
Essentially if you have the skills they require they will commit with an offer, and I can confirm that I am now here on site at Neom, despite not having a university degree.
Did you face any blocker due to this exEMPtion letter?

Originally Posted by drMobas
It still exists, but needs to be justified. I am getting my done as I have studied in an international campus and not accepted by the UK cultural bureau.
Were you able to bring your family along on IQAMA in absence of it?
Old Sep 12th 2023, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point

By way of an update on my end, I live in the UK and have a US degree. I used Royal Visa services in Washington DC to have my degree attested and apostilled and the whole process only took about a week! Very impressed by their service and was surprised on how simple the process was as opposed to some of the experiences I've read in the various NEOM forums.
Old Sep 13th 2023, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobdbuilder
Did you face any blocker due to this exEMPtion letter?

Were you able to bring your family along on IQAMA in absence of it?
For the last question, it's a no. This isn't a NEOM policy, it's a KSA policy. To sponsor your family for residency, you must have provided a properly attested degree. Without this, (at least last time I paid any attention to the topic), you could still get entry yourself, but would not be able to bring your family over full time - only on a tourist visa (or the new EVW for UK citizens).
Old Sep 13th 2023, 7:53 pm

wilkobury is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diplo
For the last question, it's a no. This isn't a NEOM policy, it's a KSA policy. To sponsor your family for residency, you must have provided a properly attested degree. Without this, (at least last time I paid any attention to the topic), you could still get entry yourself, but would not be able to bring your family over full time - only on a tourist visa (or the new EVW for UK citizens).
I got my family out here without an attested degree. It took a while, but it is possible. I had them on a family visit visa for first 9 months. I’m told things are easier since Saudi joined the Hague Convention late last year. I was happy to risk it as worst case I’d have just moved the family to Bahrain.

With hindsight it was a bit of a palava. I’d say better come out on your own first and then work on getting the yellow slip whilst your family are in home country and have not yet upped sticks.
Old Sep 25th 2023, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

fmuhammed is an unknown quantity at this point

Do all degrees need attestations? for example Masters, bachelors, etc.
Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.