Reload this Page >

Mura Bustan Jeddah

Mura Bustan Jeddah

Old May 16th 2012, 11:21 am
Just Joined

billyiever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mura Bustan Jeddah

Originally Posted by Lala2106
oh, may i ask you why you didn't go for mura b? was it that bad?
I visited all compounds and different strokes for different folks. Mura Bustan has big villas, nice green gardens etc. My personal preference was North Jeddah and Arabian Homes, nothing more to it. One of my colleagues is there and is very happy with it. Good luck and don't worry, no-one I know has anything bad to say about it.
Old May 16th 2012, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Lala2106 is an unknown quantity at this point

is there a lot of westerners in mura b?
Old May 16th 2012, 11:46 am
Just Joined

billyiever is an unknown quantity at this point

is there a lot of westerners in mura b?
Think its mixed. My colleague is from India, but others I have met from Europe, Middle East.
Old May 16th 2012, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point

It is mixed but then I think all of the compounds in Jeddah are now.

We have a range of friends of various nationalities and we manage to enjoy BBQs together

Jason
Old May 16th 2012, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

great. thank you all. hope then to meet you once we get there. also, i am now focusing on finding a job there. do u know if foreign women can work in other fields than teaching and medical? i am consultant in human resources.
rgds. lamia
Old May 16th 2012, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting a job in HR is difficult as it is a Saudized position, but you never know!

If you do end up at MB PM me and I'll introduce you to my wife.

Jason
Old May 16th 2012, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

ok thanks jason. i believe that we are going to be in compound 6 of mb. look froward to meeting you. thanks again. bye
Old May 17th 2012, 1:46 am
Just Joined

C.town is an unknown quantity at this point

Mura bustan is pretty nice,a friend of mine lives there. It's chilled out and we usually drink and get high by the pool. There was this one day the Asian cleaners saw us getting high and they asked for some,we gave them cuz we didn't want any issues with them.haha

See you guys around and have fun!
Old May 17th 2012, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Hi ctown, tanks for ur post. I understand then very good news here! We CAN drink!! Unexpected and excellent! Hope to join u for Nice stand around the pool!
Old May 18th 2012, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

C.town is an unknown quantity at this point

hey,do contact me when you get here. I might be away for the summer but i'll send you my dealers numbers if im not around.Enjoy your stay here and be safe.
Old May 18th 2012, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks à lot ctown! Will surely contact when Will be there ( september i guess)
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Hi every body,

back again with some questions. we ended not being able to join my husband this month. i believe it would be good for october. may i ask you:

- how to get an nanny for my chidren (1 year old and 5)
- the french school is appaently crowded and the class we want to put my son has 29 other kids (which is unbelievable). i tried to get him into the british school (but he will be on the waiting list for year one). does anybody know someone in the british international school?

thank you so much in advance for all your help
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:46 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Hi every body,

back again with some questions. we ended not being able to join my husband this month. i believe it would be good for october. may i ask you:

- how to get an nanny for my chidren (1 year old and 5)
- the french school is appaently crowded and the class we want to put my son has 29 other kids (which is unbelievable). i tried to get him into the british school (but he will be on the waiting list for year one). does anybody know someone in the british international school?

thank you so much in advance for all your help
Maids will start calling you the day you move in a compound. Regarding the school, the teachers in the French school are really nice but the school is crowded and there is a lot more Lebanese than French. I also heard the atmosphere is crap as Lebanese and French hate each other's guts. Both my kids are in the continental school. Tough to get in, a passport makes all the difference. There is Jeddah Prep which is Dutch-British and they are cheaper and seem to be easier to get in.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 8:13 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tuga_2009
And probably the reason for that looooong wait is that their maintenance sucks...when we left the compound there were lots of empty villas but needed work, like changing floors, kitchens and toilets, ac's, etc etc.
They work so slow that they cannot promise a villa to anyone and then be pressured all the time regarding deadlines!
You were actually right. They spent six months refurbishing the villa divided in two flats right next to me. I lost my mind and ended up shouting at the compound manager because of all the shite and dust right on my doorway. Just two days ago we moved to Basateen and we are loving it. Expensive but a much better environment.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice

You will probably not get your 5yr old into the Continental school unless you have a British passport and then it may still be difficult at that year level.

Jeddah Prep (British Dutch) is a good school - I have 2 children there - the older one they took straight away in Feb - but my younger one (almost 5) they couldn't accommodate then - but he was accepted for the start of this school year.

Other school you might like to try is AISJ - the American School.

If you can't get anything there its worth noting that many of the pre-schools offer programs up to age 6 - The Saudi City Playgroup teaches a British curriculum up to and including Year 1 (6 yr olds) and are very good, with many of the kids going on to Conti, Prep and AISJ. It is smaller, very friendly and the staff are great - my 4 yr old loved the 5mths he spent there earlier this year. Give Danielle (the coordinator) a call, she's always willing to help - 0569769775.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.